Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] So what was the point in signing the Colombian bloke?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
He , up until today was our most expensive player ever....and hughton's constantly gives him 7 to 10 minutes

What a waste of the poor blokes time.

He looked so pissed off today

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Don’t blame him. If we play him as we should he could maybe just maybe terrorise the defences who find us so easy to defend against. I think CH has totally ****ed up in his use of José. We saw what he could do against Stoke and West Ham. If he is going to be used as a defender or 8 minute substitute we might as well see if we can get shot before the end of the window,

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Loyalty to ineffective March and Knockaert has deprived the team of the searing pace/directness of Izquierdo starts.

Well, I'm not sure I agree. I don't think CH was loyal to Knockaert today, and I'm glad he was to March today because he had a cracking game, and seems to suit that formation much better alongside a few others.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Don’t blame him. If we play him as we should he could maybe just maybe terrorise the defences who find us so easy to defend against. I think CH has totally ****ed up in his use of José. We saw what he could do against Stoke and West Ham. If he is going to be used as a defender or 8 minute substitute we might as well see if we can get shot before the end of the window,

Loyalty to ineffective March and Knockaert has deprived the team of the searing pace/directness of Izquierdo starts.

Agreed.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Well, I'm not sure I agree. I don't think CH was loyal to Knockaert today, and I'm glad he was to March today because he had a cracking game, and seems to suit that formation much better alongside a few others.

Mid January before CH got the message that (March and) Knockaert have been outclassed and outpaced in the PL.

He has been very loyal, as our low scoring losing run drags on month after month.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home

What is in effect what I mean....today's we were playing the champions of England and if our most expensive player ever can't get in the síde ad show us what the he'll he is about, then what is the point!

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
He , up until today was our most expensive player ever....and hughton's constantly gives him 7 to 10 minutes

What a waste of the poor blokes time.

He looked so pissed off today

I’m going to dismiss your opinion as utter bollocks because:

A). Izquierdo started the previous two Premier League games
B). You don’t even know his name
C). You seem to be oblivious to the concepts of squad rotation and tactics in football

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Chasing a game and replace Gross with Kayal (not that he did anything wrong) instead of Izquierdo?... I did not understand that and I'm sure Izquierdo didn't either, that sub made us less attacking.

Still, even if he is pissed off, at least he's up for the fight and wants to help the team, unlike some.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

C). You seem to be oblivious to the concepts of squad rotation and tactics in football

Would that be the unequal squad rotation that gives relentless starts to completely PL ineffective AK and SM, whilst the club's only uninjured player with searing pace Izquierdo generally comes on as a very late sub if we're lucky?

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Would that be the unequal squad rotation that gives relentless starts to completely PL ineffective AK and SM, whilst the club's only uninjured player with searing pace Izquierdo generally comes on as a very late sub if we're lucky?

FFS! How can you have the audacity to even argue that when Izquierdo started the PREVIOUS TWO Premier League games and Knockaert wasn’t even on the bench today. Oh and March wasn’t selected for the previous two Premier League games.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne

A. Granted
B.Don't patronise
C.See above.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
He was also strangely taken of a H/T at WBA despite looking one of the only threats we had during that game.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
He was also strangely taken of a H/T at WBA despite looking one of the only threats we had during that game.

Because he didn’t defend properly apparently and had the nerve to argue with CH as he came off at half time. A complete waste of one of our very few pacy flair players imo.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
FFS.

Give us the stats on PL starts this season for our wingers.

Premier league games since arsenal, when izquierdo was finally deemed ready:

knockaert 14 starts, 1 sub appearance
Izquierdo 10 starts 6 sub appearances
March 8 starts, 9 sub appearances
Brown 3 starts 10 sub appearances

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here