Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Take a Bow Schelotto

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Also rarely do you get the opposition full back subbed specially at a top club because they can't cope with a wingback!

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
If only Schelotto could give March a bit of that hunger and desire.

Schelotto showed the way today. Immense performance, pretty much single handedly took it to them today.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
If some of the other players had showed the desire and commitment in recent weeks, that he did today, we would be in a better postion than we are now.
He was 100% for every 50/50 ball and he has IMHO picked up in training, the Bruno skill of throwing a dummy on the fullback and turning indside him.
Superb MOM performance

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Sorry to say this but I thought from the beginning of the season Bruno would not be the answer in the prem and had hoped to see Schellotto earlier. Think Hughton didn't trust him at full back and rather saw him as a winger. Was surprised he didnt plat at WBA as he was perfect for that game.

Where we are now Schelotto needs to be first choice going forward.... if he can keep this type of form.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Just seen the highlights. Cabellero took him out for that first pen shout. Nailed on.

Both pens were stonewall for me not to mention the third pen when it was a handball

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
How good was the lad today, for me I am not being over the top when I say that was probably the best performance I've seen this season from a player in a Brighton shirt.

Pickles

May 5, 2014
A mate of mine, whom, incidentally, used to play for The Albion youth team under Dean Wilkins, and went on to play for Lewes, rang me when he first saw Schelotto play for us.

He simply said 'he's a player who will improve with every second of game time'.

A mate of mine, whom, incidentally, used to play for The Albion youth team under Dean Wilkins, and went on to play for Lewes, rang me when he first saw Schelotto play for us.

He was pretty dire in his first game so I suppose he had to, but played very well today but needs to be up for the bread and butter games that are winnable.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009

Exactly this.
The pace and ease of the Portugal League is totally different than the Premier League. The more he plays and gets used to the pace/ hustle and bustle of the Premier, then he is a hero waiting to happen.
IMHO a great replacement for Bruno when he calls it a day

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Take a Bow Schelotto

What a BEAST of a performance

Just what we need from all the 11

Got at them and in their faces from start to end. Got 2 penalties, well not as it turned out gave 110% and never gave up

He ran himself into the ground

If we all put in a shift like Ezequiel we have a chance

:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

Yeah ......,but he just inadvertently retired Bruno :cry::cry::cry::cry:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Exactly this.
The pace and ease of the Portugal League is totally different than the Premier League. The more he plays and gets used to the pace/ hustle and bustle of the Premier, then he is a hero waiting to happen.
IMHO a great replacement for Bruno when he calls it a day

Think that’s decided after today, at least for us.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
If we go back to 4-4-1-1 I fear he's going to be less effective as he was today. 3-5-2 gave him so much freedom to get forward, which looks like his forte.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Think that’s decided after today, at least for us.

But he's shit.

Yep, another negative post but a deserved one.

Possibly one of the most abject individual performance I’ve seen from a Brighton player in circa 24 years, and given the absolute dross we’ve been served up over the years that is some achievement.

Never mind not looking Premier League standard, he doesn’t even look good enough for League One.

I recall a certain Graeme Souness being conned into signing ‘the next George Weah’ in the mid nineties and I’m starting to seriously think the same fate has befallen Chrissy Hughton.

Rarely does Hughton haul players off at HT (unless injured) and on today’s viewing I’ll be very surprised if we see Schelotto against this season.

Woeful

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?359219-Schelotto

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here