Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Player Ratings - Chelsea (H)

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Ryan 6 - a couple of really decent saves. Could do nothing about the goals
Schellotto 8 an action packed performance. Our best attacking player who could have won two pens and scored MOTM
Goldson 5 - outclassed
Duffy 5 - looked dead on his feet, punch drunk, concussed
Dunk 5 - marginally better than his defensive partners but some costly errors in possession
Suttner 5 - totally overshadowed by Schellotto on the other wing
Stephens 5 - see Dunk. Just kept losing the ball
Propper 7 - unleashed by the formation. Looked a different player and very nearly scored
Gros 6 - busy but not very effective
March 7 - another really good game from Solly. A proper threat
Hemed 6 - should have buried that header

Subs all 5 - on positive influence on the match

Hughton 7 - he CHANGED something. Okay, it didn’t work but i’d Rather us play like that and lose 4-0 than play like we did against West Brom and lose 2-0

Petee

Nov 22, 2010
Brighton
Ryan 7.5

Goldson 7
Duffy 5
Dunk 7

Schelotto 8 MOTM
Stephens 4
Propper 8
Groß 5 - played out of position
Suttner 7

March 7
Hemed 7

Murray 5
Kayal 5
Izquierdo 5

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
6 - average

Ryan 6
Schelotto 9
Suttner 5
Dunk 5
Duffy 4
Goldson 6
Stephens 6
Propper 7
March 7
Gross 5
Hemed 6

Subs - not enough time.

We look so much better when we go after teams, rather than sit back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
Ryan 7 - not to blame for any of the goals but made some good saves. His kicking could’ve been better.
Goldson 5 - unfortunately played up against Hazard who was phenomenal. It didn’t appear clear who he thought he should be picking up at times and how far he should follow Hazard if that was his designated man.
Duffy 3 - he won a couple of headers... needs to be taken out of the side though. A mistake ridden performance compounded by awful marking for the first and a basic error for the third (although he’d made the same error at least twice beforehand in the game).
Dunk 5 - similar to Goldson. With Chelsea playing only one nominal forward, he often didn’t know when to press. Gave the ball away a bit too regularly for my liking.
Schellotto 8 - an intense performance full of attacking intent and defensive resilience. Should’ve had at least one penalty and was unlucky with his own chance.
Suttner 5 - got forward quite well and kept Moses quiet for much of the match. Got beaten for the first goal far too easily though.
Stephens 5 - found it tough going. Took far too long to see the gaps between him and Goldson that gave Hazard all the room in the world.
Propper 7 - much better today going forward. Unfortunately, like Stephens his positioning defensively left lots to be desired due to the space it afforded.
Gross 7 - some excellent balls in, linked play and harassed well at times. We looked worse after his withdrawal.
March 8 - my MOTM with Schellotto. A constant outlet, drove them backwards, showed creativity throughout. End product still needs improving though.
Hemed 4 - won some things in the air. But moves broke down with him far too often and I didn’t think he harassed their back line as much as he should have. Missed a glorious chance to bring us back into the game.

Subs
Kayal 5 - tried but seemed a strange switch with Gross. Probably should’ve pushed Propper higher and given Kayal the deeper role.
Murray 5 - hard to criticise but we lost some of our attacking intent with him on.
Izquierdo N/A - I’m not sure what the point in bringing him on was at that time...

djentist

Aug 15, 2017
Ryan 6

Suttner 5
Dunk 5
Duffy 3
Goldson 5
Schelotto 7

Propper 6
Stephens 4

March 6
Gross 6

Hemed 6

Subs:

Murray 5
Kayal 5
Izquierdo 5

Manager 6

Can't give anyone more than a 7 as we did lose 4-0 after all.
Schelotto was the standout performer and March raised his level a fair amount from recent weeks
Duffy was the standout weak link, he has gone backwards massively and should be looking over his shoulder

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Ryan 7.5 - not seen any replays but didn’t appear at fault for the goals. Couple of excellent saves.
Goldson 7 - class
Duffy 4 - poor. So sloppy with posession
Dunk 7 - saved Duffy a couple of times
Schelotto 8.5 MOTM - very good. Tackled well, great anticipation, bloody quick.
Stephens 6 - mixed bag. A lot of good work but some sloppy passing
Propper 7.5 - looked much better. Playing like he did today with a pacy striker in front of him could be good.
Groß 6 - hard-working couple of good crosses
Suttner 6 - ok
March 7 - much better, glimpses of the ‘real’ Solly today
Hemed 6 - did his best but Chelsea defence too good for him, and lack of pace very obvious

Murray 5
Kayal 5
Izquierdo 5

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Ryan 6 Cant give more as we let in 4
Sutner 6 OK
Duffy 3 Very poor
Dunk 6 Average Both look very average when sides play to feet in box

Schelloto 8 Very good
Stevens/Propper 5 Average Just have not got the skill in possession or passing in this division. Game spent chasing shadows.
Gross 4 Contributed very little
Hemed 2 Terrible may as well not have been on pitch
March 6 Very poor first half.Better 2nd but why did he spend most of time in centre rather then wide.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Ryan- 6
Goldson-4
Duffy-4
Dunk-7
Schelotto- 7.2
Suttner-6
Stephens-4
Propper-7
Gross-7
March-7
Hemed-5

Subs-3 each

Last edited:

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Well, I think some of you are being mean to those who were our better players today, so I'll go with:

Ryan 8 -- several cracking saves, couldn't have done anything with any of the goals from watching it live
Schelotto 9 -- absolutely brilliant performance, won two penalties, won himself a great opportunity, kept running rapidly, exhausted by the end
Goldson 5 meh
Duffy 2 -- he's been dire for a while now, but he plunged new depths today. Shocking. How he got straight back in the team after Watford was beyond me. Deserves to be dropped.
Dunk 6
Suttner 5
Gross 5 -- did OK, but too slow
Stephens 5 -- dreadful first quarter, way too slow, but picked up thereafter
Propper 8 -- top performance, tenacious, quick over short distances, creative use of the ball
March 8 -- his best game this season, looked so much better in that role
Hemed 5 -- meh, roll on Locadia

All subs were average, although Izquierdo proved again that his control his poor in the minutes he was on the pitch

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Ryan - 6

Goldson - 5
Dunk - 5
Duffy - 4

Schelotto - 8
Gross - 6
Stephens - 4
Propper - 6
Suttner - 5

March - 5
Hemed - 4

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Ryan 7 - .
Gross 7 - some excellent balls in, linked play and harassed well at times. We looked worse when he came off.

Subs
Kayal 5 - tried but seemed a strange switch with Gross. Probably should’ve pushed Propper higher and given Kayal the deeper role.
Murray 5 - hard to criticise but we lost some of our attacking intent with him on.
Izquierdo N/A - I’m not sure what the point in bringing him on was at that time...

Didn’t see Gross as that high, think he looks leggy and tired at the moment. His passing is off at the moment, and rarely in front of players, so they are having to check their stride, this happened a few times today.

We may have looked worse when he came off because it upset the balance, and as you point out the obvious thing is to push Propper up.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Thought Stephens was brilliant today and won a lot... looks like most people didn’t see it that way though!

Napier's Knee

Mar 23, 2014
West Sussex
Ryan 7 - kept the score down
Goldson 5
Dunk 5
Duffy 3
Suttner 6
Schelotto 8 MoM
Stephens 5
Propper 7. Much better playing more forward
Gross 6
March 7
Hemed 5 Tries harder than anyone else on the pitch but has run out of steam

Kayal 6 but asked to play in wrong psition for him
Murray n/a
Jose n/a - CH really doesn't rate him does he? But he is our one unpredictable potential game changer

Had they actually practiced playing three at the back? none of Dunk Goldson or Duffy seemed to know what they were doing. Would have been better to have played Hunemieir in the middle of a back 3.

There are not three worse teams than us in the PL

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Positive to see good ratings for Propper and Schelotto. Something to build on.

Pleased Murray didn't play, so the anti-Murray bitches can't get to work.

Still think he gets away with it as a favourite!!
[emoji6][emoji2]

Surprised he was rested after last week when he was excellent .

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Thought Stephens was brilliant today and won a lot... looks like most people didn’t see it that way though!

He might have won a lot of tackles but gave it straight back to them, sorry but he's not the prem player he thought he was.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings

He won a lot and gave it straight back to Chelsea. No forward drive at all. Two stand out players for us today were Schelotto and Propper. March was decent. Duffy was dreadful.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Every single poster so far has voted the greyhound as mom.
Bang on.
I can’t remember a game when one player has been so clearly better than everyone else.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here