Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] If you can sell these half-half scarves then you can sell anything

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
It goes to show that those involved know nothing about the game. I'd love to see someone try and flog a Millwall / West Ham version.

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
The hawker who put these scarves together has either got a brilliant sense of humour or is a clueless twerp with more money than sense.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Do people honestly make money from producing and selling these? Worthless shit when it comes to the final whistle. If not before.

Pickles

May 5, 2014
Do people honestly make money from producing and selling these? Worthless shit when it comes to the final whistle. If not before.

They obviously do make money.

It's not like the old days of knitting with needles, it's all programmed machines now.

Bang in the graphics, a couple of hundred quids worth of wool or whatever, pay a spiv 50 per cent to sell them, and they're flying.

Probably only have to sell 20 to break even as the machines will be doing other stuff for the rest of the time.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
What do they do with all the unsold ones? Genuine question - is there a half-half scarf mountain lying in a landfill just outside of Epping Forest or something?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing

It's not like the old days of knitting with needles, it's all programmed machines now.

Bang in the graphics, a couple of hundred quids worth of wool or whatever, pay a spiv 50 per cent to sell them, and they're flying.

Probably only have to sell 20 to break even as the machines will be doing other stuff for the rest of the time.

I love my scarf you knitted for me.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea

I feel sorry for those that spend their Saturday afternoon selling them. Desperate times.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
What do they do with all the unsold ones? Genuine question - is there a half-half scarf mountain lying in a landfill just outside of Epping Forest or something?

Good question. I'm going to ask next opportunity. My guess is they get binned.

Pickles

May 5, 2014
I love my scarf you knitted for me.

It was a used durex, as well you know.

However, it will keep you warm wrapped around those shoulders.

I feel it in my finger, I feel it in my toes......

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Can you unravel them and recycle the acrylic? I'd imagine it would be a right ball-ache.

Yeah and uneconomic. Reality must be as [MENTION=29364]Pickles[/MENTION] inferred, they can be knocked up a low cost with a certain sale needed to cover costs.

You've sort of answered your other question about what has happened to fans these days. I don't see why any might be sold. They are as appealing to me as a royal wedding plate but at the same time, if you want a scarf you should have or decide to buy a proper and non black market one. That any Leeds / Millwall ones might have been taken seems very remote to me yet someone thought there might be money there.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
I simply block re-dye my unsold ones either red or blue , they are dry and ready for reprinting within 72 hours , not sure i'll be bothering with a Boro / Brighton tbh .
[MENTION=29364]Pickles[/MENTION] how comes you didn't knit me one you git ? me and Slick took ages hand knitting your Turquoise sweater .

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I noticed a few in the 1901 lounge with the date of the game printed on them you yesterday. What a fabulous memento of such a brilliant day as an Albion fan..there were loads of Chelsea fans mingling in there too, but given their recent history I can’t see why they would want to buy one though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here