Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Knockaert?

djentist

Aug 15, 2017
Support him if he's genuinely going through a struggle, but we don't know the circumstances of what's going on yet so we have to be cautious. If it is just an attitude problem, bin him if he isn't pulling in the same direction as everyone else. No room for sentiment with anyone like that no matter what they've done for this club, cannot stand a manchild that spits his dummy out when the going gets tough or he doesn't get his way. His head's gone and needs some time out of the team and support if the situation is reparable, transfer list if not. Cannot let it rub off onto the other players, a few of whom seem a bit impressionable and are at risk of throwing in the towel alongside him. Whether it was a behind closed doors dispute that caused him not to feature today or tactical with him not fitting into the different system I'm not sure, but his supposed reaction to not featuring by driving away from the ground on a temper tantrum is pathetic if that indeed was the case.

Last edited:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
He’s not quite good enough for the PL. Hence his own frustration.

Just one of those things.

It was covered on a radio interview this week with Paul Lambert, where he said PL full backs simply have so much pace.
(Brighton’s excepted of course). AK just can’t beat them.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
What on earth do you base this on?

I base it not on obviously not fact just opinion and a gut instinct
I love Knocky and thought he would step up to the prem but he has not, I just feel something is amiss with him. His petulance and tantrums cant be good for the rest of the team and again I dont know but I have a hunch he may be a bit disruptive in the dressing room and is automatic choice for a starting place, and I dont think Hughton will put up with that. TBH in the prem I think we are just as good with or without him. I would love to be proved wrong but if a 12m bid came in for him I would snap their hands off right now, I want to be wrong though - I'd like to see Calde back in a pshycolgist role and give him a chat

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Rumours going round that he 'steamed out' of the Amex in his car & went home.
I know someone who saw him outside of the club shop, & he was smiling, speaking to fans, so I'd take the 'steaming' with a chunk of salt.
Did he go home? It's likely but maybe he turned up with a cold virus, or similar, & he was told to go home?

Some fans do love a conspiracy or an excuse to be annoyed with a player.

Very true. I was surprised that Richie Reynolds waited until a couple of minutes before kick off before running tjhrough the teams. Normally they are announced much earlier when the two teams are doing their warm up routines. Was that because Chris Hughton wasn't sure of his line up until very late on l wonder..

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I base it not on obviously not fact just opinion and a gut instinct
I love Knocky and thought he would step up to the prem but he has not, I just feel something is amiss with him. His petulance and tantrums cant be good for the rest of the team and again I dont know but I have a hunch he may be a bit disruptive in the dressing room and is automatic choice for a starting place, and I dont think Hughton will put up with that. TBH in the prem I think we are just as good with or without him. I would love to be proved wrong but if a 12m bid came in for him I would snap their hands off right now, I want to be wrong though - I'd like to see Calde back in a pshycolgist role and give him a chat

If you're on Instagram, look at some of the player stories. You will see them laughing in the gym & Knocky right in the thick of it. Your hunch is way out.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Very true. I was surprised that Richie Reynolds waited until a couple of minutes before kick off before running tjhrough the teams. Normally they are announced much earlier when the two teams are doing their warm up routines. Was that because Chris Hughton wasn't sure of his line up until very late on l wonder..

Eh ? They have to be published exactly one hour before kick off. Managers have to hand the team sheet in before that. Whether Reynolds reads it out or not is immaterial - it’s always on Twitter as soon as it’s out.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
If you're on Instagram, look at some of the player stories. You will see them laughing in the gym & Knocky right in the thick of it. Your hunch is way out.

I hope so ThunderBolt. I'm not on instagram so hope you are right. I'm not a pessimistic person really but he just doesnt seem the Knocky I saw celebrating promotion, it just seems like a game doesnt go by now without him nearly getting a couple of yellows o screaming at his team mates/having a tantrum, I hope I am wrong but right now I just feel like he is a bit of a bad apple

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Knocky found out we weren’t playing wingers today and ****ed off. It’s a family thing. We forgive him because he is ours, he is family.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Eh ? They have to be published exactly one hour before kick off. Managers have to hand the team sheet in before that. Whether Reynolds reads it out or not is immaterial - it’s always on Twitter as soon as it’s out.

PS: in Brighton Up - the rather good book about Hughton by that @notandynaylor - he quotes Liam Rosenior who says he tells players the day before a game if they’re being dropped or left out.

The red pepper kid

Dec 30, 2014

pretty sure it was read out at 11.40

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Brian Munich

teH lulZ
Jul 7, 2008

Team was published by club’s official Twitter exactly an hour before KO, as usual.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo

Also they were read out an hour before kick off by Reynolds but before all the video clips and cameras going round fans were on the screens. My son is obsessed with getting to Amex early and watching the players warm up so I was there ages before kick off or the players came out to warm up. Just Ryan doing some practise saves.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Rumours going round that he 'steamed out' of the Amex in his car & went home.
I know someone who saw him outside of the club shop, & he was smiling, speaking to fans, so I'd take the 'steaming' with a chunk of salt.
Did he go home? It's likely but maybe he turned up with a cold virus, or similar, & he was told to go home?

Some fans do love a conspiracy or an excuse to be annoyed with a player.

Got told the same by a mate who works the North but he’d only heard this from someone else... Could be rubbish. Did apparently go home though... A steward seemed pretty sure of that despite that Argus article.. CH saw him just before game but watched in East stand over the other side when they normally watch in West - seems a bit fishy but hopefully I’m wrong...

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here