Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Come on Everton and Huddersfield I guess.

KVLT

Sep 15, 2008
Rutland
As it stands there are only 6 points between Southampton in 19th place and Everton in 9th place. It's gonna be tight!

Arsenal (in 6th) started this round of fixtures closer to the bottom than the top of the league. Madness!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
At one stage, very recently, most of us on NSC had written them both off as Championship certs.
Some, but I doubt most. Certainly not those who know anything about football.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
We have to win one of our next 4 games (not including Middlesborough.). If we don't, we are down. It's that simple. I think we could easily get another 6 points from those 4 games.

Not sure 'easily' is the right word, but I agree. It's ALL about the next four games. We could win all four, especially given the (albeit small consolation) of an increased attacking threat today. But, if we get anything less than 3 points it's game over, surely?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Perhaps those knowledgable folk like your good self (NOT said sarcastically)
:lol: I'm not even that knowledgeable, but bloody hell we've seen it all before. There's just a few points between the teams, it doesn't take long for things to change. Palace broke records at the start of the season, now they're a point off tenth. If any of the bottom teams put a few wins together they're suddenly sitting pretty.

kept quiet on the subject, when arrogant posts were writting off Palace, Swansea, WBA and Stoke?
Well I know it happened, but I'm guessing it wasn't a lot of us. People have such short memories.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
:lol: I'm not even that knowledgeable, but bloody hell we've seen it all before. There's just a few points between the teams, it doesn't take long for things to change. Palace broke records at the start of the season, now they're a point off tenth. If any of the bottom teams put a few wins together they're suddenly sitting pretty.

Well I know it happened, but I'm guessing it wasn't a lot of us. People have such short memories.

I always looked at squad quality and their creators/match winners at top flight level.

Palace had Zaha, Benteke, Townsend, Loftus-Cheek and Sako.
Stoke - the brilliant Joe Allen, Ramadan, Shaqiri and Crouch.
West Ham, the same.

The bigoted can hate some of the above, but they can win matches or create a win.

Accumulated over many PL transfer windows at great expense in fees/wages, giving them an huge advantage over Newcastle/Brighton/Hudd over the course of the full season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here