Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Positives from today

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
Purely based on todays game and our increased attacking threat, I'd say Locadia for Tomer, Kayal for Stephens and (possibly) rest Duffy and give Uwe a go in a three, that would probably suit him, and we have a chance against the weaker teams.

matski_98

Apr 16, 2012
Biggest negative was watching people leaving in their droves ftom 75 minutes onwards. I stayed till the end, went for a slash and walked past you all in a massive train queue. Was it worth it?

I can beat that. There were a couple of people who flounced out of the NW corner after 10 mins never to return.

Another positive for the list was seeing Connor Goldson playing alongside Duffy and Dunk.

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
I actually enjoyed it , yes we were wide open but for the ref and some excellent saves by the chelsea keeper it would of been a much closer game , i found it much more enjoyable than the sit and wait tactic , the greyhound was terrific to watch as was march , i think we will be ok with a bit more firepower up front .

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Chelsea to be fair was were streets ahead of us and once they scored the second they steeped off the pedal and allowed us to play but I felt they were always able to up the gears and score pretty much at will.
Having said that we for large periods looked quite good, I applause a brave move by CH to go 5-3-1-1 against such a good team maybe should have tryied it out first on lesser opposition but after the first ten minuets and being 0-2 down we settled in and I can see that formation working well against lesser teams.
I agree that March and The Greyhound looked good.
The final result flattered them a bit It could easily have been 3-4 the ref was the worst I have seen this season Having missed two penalties and on another day one of the many other chances may have gone in

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
This is probably a stupid thing to say when we've lost 4-0, but I thought we played quite well. We've played much worse this season and got something from the games. We created chances and had shots, and we didn't just sit back and try and keep the score down.

Was more depressed after the 2-0 defeat at WBA.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Looked like a dangerous side for 70 mins
Hat load of chances, plus some appalling refereeing/penalty decisions.
"The Greyhound" has finally landed and is on the loose
March getting better and looking very usefull
Team pushed up and chased like they wanted the game today
Reminded me of running Man U ragged
Team will be fired up for our run of games against "lesser" teams
Chris shows he is not afraid to try something different instead of the bus routine.
Didn't concede from corners
Didn't give the ball away as much as we have been lately

:albion2:

Agreed - very positive about today. It wasn’t a 0-4 game and we were unlucky and had a ref that may as well have put a black shirt on and got a squad number

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
This is probably a stupid thing to say when we've lost 4-0, but I thought we played quite well. We've played much worse this season and got something from the games. We created chances and had shots, and we didn't just sit back and try and keep the score down.

Was more depressed after the 2-0 defeat at WBA.

Yep. Actually feel quite positive

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Play like that for the next five matches and we could be on 35 points, as well as in the fifth round of the FA Cup. Looking at that from where we are now, it would be superb!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
No complaints if we get relegated with that approach
Goldson, can't let him go out on loan

Whatever ever happened to the ridiculous posts about Dunk and Duffy being the best in the PL, Dunk being worth £40m plus, Dunk robbed of an England place, and Dunk/Duffy would improve Liverpool/Arsenal's defences?

Shipping goals for fun.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
There was at least two very attractive young ladies behind the pizza bar in the North Stand today. They both look like cracking signings for the club.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Biggest negative was watching people leaving in their droves ftom 75 minutes onwards.

When they scored their 2nd a guy not too far from me stood up, said "**** this" & walked out! Can't believe he actually left 5 minutes in but he did.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here