Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Positives from today

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Really, were you at the game?

Yes, we were lacking in most areas. Only started to play when 2nil down which isn't good when you've only scored in 4 games in the last 14 games in the league. History doesn't remember gallant losers.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
posbatterypost.jpg

The only one I saw was my car accumulator knob.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Yes, we were lacking in most areas. Only started to play when 2nil down which isn't good when you've only scored in 4 games in the last 14 games in the league. History doesn't remember gallant losers.
I might agree with that if we were two goals down after, say, an hour of dogged but toothless defensive play, but today we got mugged in the first 6 minutes - unfortunate, but these things happen, especially against the sort of quality Chelsea have available to them; we weren't deliberately playing negatively and defensively for that first 6 minutes.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I might agree with that if we were two goals down after, say, an hour of dogged but toothless defensive play, but today we got mugged in the first 6 minutes - unfortunate, but these things happen, especially against the sort of quality Chelsea have available to them; we weren't deliberately playing negatively and defensively for that first 6 minutes.

These things happen - WBA away, Bmuff equaliser, Hudd away. All part of the swings and roundabouts of doing a Boro.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
CH only let's them play when the game is beyond them. Let's be offensive from the off rather than waiting for the opposition to score 1st before we show some guts
That doesn't apply to today, we were losing before we had a chance to tell how offensive we'd be. And Chris didn't talk to them after the goals to make us attack, the players did it as they'd presumably been planning to.

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
This is probably a stupid thing to say when we've lost 4-0, but I thought we played quite well. We've played much worse this season and got something from the games. We created chances and had shots, and we didn't just sit back and try and keep the score down.

Was more depressed after the 2-0 defeat at WBA.

Totally feel the same. I really hope that CH sticks with this formation and especially keeps Schelotto and Suttner in the wing back roles. Schelotto was clearly MOM today but I thought Suttner had another good game - his passing and crosses are far superior to Bong and it irks me when CH then leaves him out. Would have liked to have seen Baldock get a run out in that formation.

FA Cup aside next week, we’ve now got 4 cup finals coming up - please don’t revert back to the 4-4-2 Chris !

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
That doesn't apply to today, we were losing before we had a chance to tell how offensive we'd be. And Chris didn't talk to them after the goals to make us attack, the players did it as they'd presumably been planning to.

Watching CH he was urging them forwards whilst Conte was doing an impression of Magnus pike arms everywhere

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
A big positive for me and many others in East stand today was when our regular A hole left at half time. This so called “supporter” started off in the 4th minute with his usual loud mouthing along the lines of “Brighton you’re effing sh1t” and “you’re crap Brighton and going down”. His language, with young kids close by, was appalling - but in his view that’s not his problem because he’s entitled to say what he Effin likes and the kids should sit elsewhere if the parents don’t like it. What’s more if you’re female you shouldn’t even be at the game, you should “go back to the kitchen sink”. Someone finally challenged him, others joined in and he left - hooray! If you’re the A hole and you’re reading this - you’ll be very brave to come back!

I know that many NSC readers will be surprised that it’s so exciting in the East ...........

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Positives from today.

I got home in one piece.
I didnt fall over.
Mrs is still talking to me ( just about) Miserable c*** had nothing decent too say anyway :lolol:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Positives from today?

10 year anniversary of the wife f**kin' off, and she ain't been back since.
:thumbsup:

Shame I couldn't celebrate with an Albion win as well, though........................

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
Being in La Paz and enjoying the incredible network of cable cars they are establishing in a severely hilly city; it really is their version of the Underground with colours for the ‘lines’, and link up stations. Costs 30p a ride and is great for tourists to admire the city and surrounds, and heavily used by locals. We even saw a bride and Dad taking the orange line to church!

Oh, and the time difference meant just got final score, spared the minute by minute agony.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here