Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Glory fans in the East Stand

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
(cross posted this to another similar thread)
To clear some of this up. The boy and his Dad were actually an Uncle and his nephew, they were Chelsea fans and were supporting Chelsea in the East Stand.
The uncle said this yesterday on Twitter... (easily found if you search Twitter )

"Me and my nephew both Chelsea fans cheering Chelsea in the Brighton end and getting hazard shirt different class...Don’t matter who you support fact that hazard gave his shirt to a young fan is class and hel never forget it he couldn’t stop smiling all the way home...Mate I’m not even gonna bother reading the negative ones from sadly lonely men sitting behind there keyboards hazard is a class act my nephew will remember this day forever...He’s a Chelsea fan anyway but even if he wasn’t it wouldn’t matter he’s just been given a shirt by one of worlds best players, I’m gonna write to Chelsea and see if I can get it signed...Would like to say a massive thank you to @hazardeden10 for giving my nephew his shirt yesterday Top man and a different class player the boy is made up your his hero he can’t stop smiling [MENTION=11501]Chelsea[/MENTION]FC ��"

Being a Chelsea fan evidently means you don’t have to use punctuation like us normal folk ....

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
(cross posted this to another similar thread)
To clear some of this up. The boy and his Dad were actually an Uncle and his nephew, they were Chelsea fans and were supporting Chelsea in the East Stand.
The uncle said this yesterday on Twitter... (easily found if you search Twitter )

"Me and my nephew both Chelsea fans cheering Chelsea in the Brighton end and getting hazard shirt different class...Don’t matter who you support fact that hazard gave his shirt to a young fan is class and hel never forget it he couldn’t stop smiling all the way home...Mate I’m not even gonna bother reading the negative ones from sadly lonely men sitting behind there keyboards hazard is a class act my nephew will remember this day forever...He’s a Chelsea fan anyway but even if he wasn’t it wouldn’t matter he’s just been given a shirt by one of worlds best players, I’m gonna write to Chelsea and see if I can get it signed...Would like to say a massive thank you to @hazardeden10 for giving my nephew his shirt yesterday Top man and a different class player the boy is made up your his hero he can’t stop smiling [MENTION=11501]Chelsea[/MENTION]FC ��"

Except the other one isn’t a similar thread. It is a call for support at the West Ham game. With the platform of this thread to discuss Saturday if desired there is actually no need to duplicate on the other thread.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
What an absolute joke it has gone this far and people have got that upset over a couple of away fans getting in the general sale area of the ground, and a kid gets his hero's shirt. Absolutely cannot believe there is so much angst about this. People surely have better things to worry about? More embarrassing than a kid getting a shirt is the reaction to it...

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Why weren’t they in the away end then?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Be honest. Have you never gone in the home end of an away match?

My husband was given two free tickets via a salesman at work, for Old Trafford, so we were in the home end. I was in the third tier & didn't ask for a shirt, but I did take photos of the statues outside.
Shoot me now.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Be honest. Have you never gone in the home end of an away match?

My husband was given two free tickets via a salesman at work, for Old Trafford, so we were in the home end. I was in the third tier & didn't ask for a shirt, but I did take photos of the statues outside.
Shoot me now.

BURN HER !!! :catfight:

What an absolute joke it has gone this far and people have got that upset over a couple of away fans getting in the general sale area of the ground, and a kid gets his hero's shirt. Absolutely cannot believe there is so much angst about this. People surely have better things to worry about? More embarrassing than a kid getting a shirt is the reaction to it...

You have just registered as a jcl on the real fan barometer.:ffsparr:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Could you go a week earlier as Sevilla are at home to Barcelona.. then i can swap a Hefele shirt for Messi's and if you could ask him i need a bigger size as he's a bit of a short arse :moo:

oooooh... I didnt know that. I wonder if I would get away with that to be honest....I did suggest taking my golf bats and that went down like a lead balloon.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
We are in Seville for the Huddersfield game. Can someone's child hold up a sign for me to get michael hefele's shirt please. Thanks.

Dont know if youve been before , if you have you'll know , if not , youre in for a treat , Seville is a FABULOUS place , one of my favourite places visited .

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Because tickets were sold out within minutes, do you REALLY think they preferred being in the east stand ?

Its quite hard to get tickets to watch football matches and sit where you want might be a bit of a clue.

Oh right, its that easy is it?

Forget my loyalty points then , I'll just roll up to away grounds and buy tickets in the home stands.

Thanks for the heads up.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Oh right, its that easy is it?

Forget my loyalty points then , I'll just roll up to away grounds and buy tickets in the home stands.

Thanks for the heads up.

Agreed. You'll understand the various ways people get hold of tickets then and the compromises they make to get to see matches then.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Sorry to burst the Uberfan bubble , but why is it soooooo difficult to understand ? Im a chelsea fan, i used to be a season ticket holder , but my boys train on saturdays and my 4 season tickets at brighton ( 1 adult 3 kids) cost the same as my one season ticket at chelsea , its also resulted in my eldest switching allegiances from chelsea to being a confirmed brighton fan , my girlfriends son is was wavering and is now a confirmed brighton fan , my youingest has stayed chelsea but obvbiously has allegiances to brighton , he sat on his hands and didntb celebrate any goals on saturday as i wouldnt have allowed it , im in the same block as the kid who got the shirt , i didnt see them celebrating either , if at the end of the game they simply held up that placard then so what , id have been chuffed if my son had got the shirt , some people need to grow the f*ck up .

I don't agree with much you write on here but this is spot on. Support who you want to support, but if your kids start supporting the local team then that's for them. My Dad was Charlton but I'm born and bred Brighton, only one choice for me. But my daughter has never lived in Brighton - she's Albion through and through but if she wants to go and support Truro City :lolol: then I wouldn't stand in her way.

And go where you want in the ground as long as you know what to expect, segregation is a fairly new thing anyway, and clubs like Fulham are going back to mixed stands, whats the problem.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Agreed. You'll understand the various ways people get hold of tickets then and the compromises they make to get to see matches then.

I wasn't aware Chelsea fans could buy tickets from our ticket office in the home stands.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here