Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Glory fans in the East Stand

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
That'd be me then lol! And there are plenty of others giving it some.

We are there too....never miss an opportunity to point out the errors of the officials or the opposition.

Btw my boys who are 8 and 10 and were brought up on withdean for their first games, would rather ask for skalak's shirt than any opponent

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Did the kid have the sign up during the match or just after? And did someone make Hazard aware of it?

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
ESL is a strange old place. E1A and E1B are family stand, and you do get your 'sit down I can't see us take our penalty' crowd, leave on 85mins no matter what is going on, and Dads who'd rather be in the North, but are in there for their kids. You then have E1C which is a varied mix and occasionally rain down abuse to the linesman or opposing players. E1D to E1F is a sit as close the the halfway line as possible crowd, with blankets, flasks and limited vocal involvement. E1G and E1H (where this kid was) tend to be most of our guest tickets and general sale allocations, so mixed bag as to who you get in there. It is a funny old place.

That would be me then.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
We are in Seville for the Huddersfield game. Can someone's child hold up a sign for me to get michael hefele's shirt please. Thanks.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
You make a very good point. The East Stand has a weird vibe to it. I have sat there twice with my lads and we've hated it.
We are in east lower , south end, as the atmospheres at the amex has got better , so it has correspondingly where we sit , its not too bad now

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Saw this on facebook yesterday......

“Difficult day of football being a Chelsea fan and Brighton season ticket holder !!”
Sorry to burst the Uberfan bubble , but why is it soooooo difficult to understand ? Im a chelsea fan, i used to be a season ticket holder , but my boys train on saturdays and my 4 season tickets at brighton ( 1 adult 3 kids) cost the same as my one season ticket at chelsea , its also resulted in my eldest switching allegiances from chelsea to being a confirmed brighton fan , my girlfriends son is was wavering and is now a confirmed brighton fan , my youingest has stayed chelsea but obvbiously has allegiances to brighton , he sat on his hands and didntb celebrate any goals on saturday as i wouldnt have allowed it , im in the same block as the kid who got the shirt , i didnt see them celebrating either , if at the end of the game they simply held up that placard then so what , id have been chuffed if my son had got the shirt , some people need to grow the f*ck up .

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
We are in Seville for the Huddersfield game. Can someone's child hold up a sign for me to get michael hefele's shirt please. Thanks.

Could you go a week earlier as Sevilla are at home to Barcelona.. then i can swap a Hefele shirt for Messi's and if you could ask him i need a bigger size as he's a bit of a short arse :moo:

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Sorry to burst the Uberfan bubble , but why is it soooooo difficult to understand ? Im a chelsea fan, i used to be a season ticket holder , but my boys train on saturdays and my 4 season tickets at brighton ( 1 adult 3 kids) cost the same as my one season ticket at chelsea , its also resulted in my eldest switching allegiances from chelsea to being a confirmed brighton fan , my girlfriends son is was wavering and is now a confirmed brighton fan , my youingest has stayed chelsea but obvbiously has allegiances to brighton , he sat on his hands and didntb celebrate any goals on saturday as i wouldnt have allowed it , im in the same block as the kid who got the shirt , i didnt see them celebrating either , if at the end of the game they simply held up that placard then so what , id have been chuffed if my son had got the shirt , some people need to grow the f*ck up .

It isn't difficult to understand.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
miss this binfest. cant work out what is so deeply offensive about football fans admiring one of the best players in the league, possibly the world.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
(cross posted this to another similar thread)
To clear some of this up. The boy and his Dad were actually an Uncle and his nephew, they were Chelsea fans and were supporting Chelsea in the East Stand.
The uncle said this yesterday on Twitter... (easily found if you search Twitter )

"Me and my nephew both Chelsea fans cheering Chelsea in the Brighton end and getting hazard shirt different class...Don’t matter who you support fact that hazard gave his shirt to a young fan is class and hel never forget it he couldn’t stop smiling all the way home...Mate I’m not even gonna bother reading the negative ones from sadly lonely men sitting behind there keyboards hazard is a class act my nephew will remember this day forever...He’s a Chelsea fan anyway but even if he wasn’t it wouldn’t matter he’s just been given a shirt by one of worlds best players, I’m gonna write to Chelsea and see if I can get it signed...Would like to say a massive thank you to @hazardeden10 for giving my nephew his shirt yesterday Top man and a different class player the boy is made up your his hero he can’t stop smiling [MENTION=11501]Chelsea[/MENTION]FC ��"

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
(cross posted this to another similar thread)
To clear some of this up. The boy and his Dad were actually an Uncle and his nephew, they were Chelsea fans and were supporting Chelsea in the East Stand.
The uncle said this yesterday on Twitter... (easily found if you search Twitter )

"Me and my nephew both Chelsea fans cheering Chelsea in the Brighton end and getting hazard shirt different class...Don’t matter who you support fact that hazard gave his shirt to a young fan is class and hel never forget it he couldn’t stop smiling all the way home...Mate I’m not even gonna bother reading the negative ones from sadly lonely men sitting behind there keyboards hazard is a class act my nephew will remember this day forever...He’s a Chelsea fan anyway but even if he wasn’t it wouldn’t matter he’s just been given a shirt by one of worlds best players, I’m gonna write to Chelsea and see if I can get it signed...Would like to say a massive thank you to @hazardeden10 for giving my nephew his shirt yesterday Top man and a different class player the boy is made up your his hero he can’t stop smiling [MENTION=11501]Chelsea[/MENTION]FC ��"

Why weren’t they in the away end then?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here