Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Glory fans in the East Stand

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Respectfully, the lower east isn't really a Brighton end and never has been. You could compare it to the neutral side of the Putney end. I'm sure there are scatterings of true albion fans in there but they are at least equalled by people like this kid and his dad, or worse.

They pay just the same as any of us and I welcome that they do, though I would prefer a smaller capacity with a more passionate and boisterous crowd but these people are getting priced out and banned. Having been in this stand myself, it was one of the most soul-destroying experiences I have ever willingly subjected myself to and would give up going to the football if I had to be in there every other week.

Not the noisiest part of the ground I'll grant, but in the east lower toward the north, there is plenty of atmosphere. Better than any part of the Goldstone Ground and often louder than the old north there. A lot of the Withdean crowd who had kids had first dibs on tickets when the amex opened bought tickets nearest the halfway line and near the north. The other end is probably less ardent as loads of those season tickets were only sold when it looked as though we may make it to the so-called promised land. Incidentally, the constant sniping at the east is pretty annoying for those of us who like to get behind the team. From where we are, we are lucky to hear the West once a game, and often the north is generating little noise with only a few hundred joining in with songs. I am not having a pop at those people, good for them that they are trying, but to always single out one stand when from that stand the others are pretty quiet is wrong.

Gazz15

May 13, 2014
Newhaven
We really do have some ****wits for fans, don't we. :nono:

This thread is incredibly sad, and sums up just how many nutters are on here, using a kid to express their dissatisfaction over football tribal wars.

They should all be tracked down and banned from here and going to games imho.

PS Mods, why am I having trouble posting these days, weird messages every time I try?

Gazz15

May 13, 2014
Newhaven
We really do have some ****wits for fans, don't we. :nono:

This thread is incredibly sad, and sums up just how many nutters are on here, all a bit worrying tbh, using a kid to express their dissatisfaction over football tribal wars.

They should all be tracked down and banned from here and going to games imho.

PS Mods, why am I having trouble posting since Friday, weird messages every time I try?

Gazz15

May 13, 2014
Newhaven
I'd like to know if I am banned?

Yes I was confrontational, as I don't take shyte off cranks and crackpots online or in real life.

Quote Originally Posted by Gazz15 View Post
PS Mods, why am I having trouble posting these days, weird messages every time I try?
Because you're an incredibly sad nutter?
Quick reply to this message Reply Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Today, 09:39 #222
On the BHA rollercoaster
Icy Gull's Avatar Join Date

Quote Originally Posted by Sussex Nomad View Post
You seem to thrive on being confrontational on here, are you like it in real life?

Gazz15

May 13, 2014
Newhaven
I'd like to know if I am banned - rather than waste my time?

Yes I was confrontational, as I don't take shyte off cranks and crackpots online or in real life.

You seem to thrive on being confrontational on here, are you like it in real life?

Gazz15

May 13, 2014
Newhaven
You are not banned, we wouldn't be able to see your posts otherwise, also Banned will appear under your user name.

Ok ta, not 'banned as such, but i have to try about 20 times to post each reply??

Since Friday, I keep seeing these messages:

NSC is up and running and all is well. We're just trying something out.
If you want to read and post please login. Or register and login.

Basically you need to be logged in to use NSC currently, but this is temporary, so you could just ignore this and come back some time later.

Whatever you decide to do, we hope you have a nice day!

Also: NSC is currently experiencing an unusually heavy server load - please try again in a few minutes

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Ok ta, not 'banned as such, but i have to try about 20 times to post each reply??

Basically you need to be logged in to use NSC currently, but this is temporary, so you could just ignore this and come back some time later.

Also: NSC is currently experiencing an unusually heavy server load - please try again in a few minutes

Are you using Chrome? If so, click the i next to the URL and delete all your cookies and try again.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
It's what Paul 'sterile / money / money / er...more money' Barber wants.

He's happy to ban passionate supporters but welcomes customers.

Barber is just a rich David Bellotti.

You're comparing Barber with Bellotti ? REALLY ? You clearly are a moron.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I'd like to know if I am banned?

Quick reply to this message Reply Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Today, 09:39 #222
On the BHA rollercoaster
Icy Gull's Avatar Join Date

I'd like to know if I am banned - rather than waste my time?

Welcome back NotNick. Lay off the crack old son.

Gazz15

May 13, 2014
Newhaven
Are you using Chrome? If so, click the i next to the URL and delete all your cookies and try again.

Yes I am using Chrome Sussex Nomad, this problem started on Friday night.

Thanks for your suggestion, I cannot seem to delete the i after I log on though. Cookies are deleted.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven

Not sure what is happening here, but I am permanently logged in to NSC, before someone on here pointed out how to do this sometimes I would get logged out automatically for some reason. I was logging in every 20 minutes for example, I never had to log out of this forum.
Think the wifi in my house/area isn't great, but may be worth a try to permanently log yourself in.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Both valid reasons. You might not like it, but that's reasonable.

What's that got to do with a kid getting a shirt? I did think it was in the away end, but he's a kid for goodness sake.

No it isn't. As is often the case, you are talking middle class elderly boring tripe.

D

Deleted User X18H

How come these obvious Chelsea fans (Chelsea anorak etc) not given a letter?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here