Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Glory fans in the East Stand

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Fair enough if you don’t mind tourists turning up to idolize the opposition. Personally I am glad that the people in our area of the ground are there to support the Albion.

Really how many?..and someone moaning because a kid got him to sign something...pah...no it doesn't spoil my day...a 4/0 defeat is a tad more relevant ...i'm realistic to know that you will get people turning up who support other clubs...hardly new is it

PS they stayed until the end.....thousands didn't..maybe someone will start a thread about early leavers....oh hang on

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Maybe in future anyone that wants to buy a ticket will need to undertake some sort of test on the clubs history or results for the season..swearing allegiance to the club ...and only then will they be allowed in....of course that means that those who pass will be perfect fans ..never moaning and forever singing the whole game...because that makes you a true and worthy fan

I'm sorry but that's self indulgent bollocks.

I went to Barcelona with my son 2 weeks ago so was a bit of a tourist. He's a big Barca fan though. He talked me through their squad, I went through some basic Catalan history and we both learned some basic local language and Barca songs. To not have that level would have been disrespectful. The three blokes sitting in front of us - local STHs- kept grinning at my son because despite the language barrier they could understand when he was excited or gutted and they were at the right times.

At no point did we try and get a selfie with anyone, least of all the opposition.

If you want to sit in the Brighton end the minimum I ask is for neutrality. If you want a Chelsea shirt sit in the Chelsea end.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Really how many?..and someone moaning because a kid got him to sign something...pah...no it doesn't spoil my day...a 4/0 defeat is a tad more relevant ...i'm realistic to know that you will get people turning up who support other clubs...hardly new is it

PS they stayed until the end.....thousands didn't..maybe someone will start a thread about early leavers....oh hang on

It’s the manner of it that grates. I have occasionally been in the home end when watching the Albion away and I remained respectful. Today Premier League tourism appeared in all its glory at the AMEX and it did seem new. Yes, the result is more important but we were outclassed by a team with vastly superior resources so it was hardly surprising.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I'm sorry but that's self indulgent bollocks.

I went to Barcelona with my son 2 weeks ago so was a bit of a tourist. He's a big Barca fan though. He talked me through their squad, I went through some basic Catalan history and we both learned some basic local language and Barca songs. To not have that level would have been disrespectful. The three blokes sitting in front of us - local STHs- kept grinning at my son because despite the language barrier they could understand when he was excited or gutted and they were at the right times.

At no point did we try and get a selfie with anyone, least of all the opposition.

If you want to sit in the Brighton end the minimum I ask is for neutrality. If you want a Chelsea shirt sit in the Chelsea end.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well you'll have to forgive me if i think you are talking bollocks too....oh my son went to Barcelona and we did this oh and i wouldnt do that.....cant sound more self indulgent if you tried

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Fukk sake, he looked about 5. Get over it and change your underwear.

17 thumbs up for this FFS .
Kids obviously older than 5, dad is also looking happy about it.
Why didn't the Chelsea player go to their fans?

Edit-
18 thumbs and counting Get a grip FFS
PALACE FANS WERE RIGHT AFTER ALL ???

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
It’s the manner of it that grates. I have occasionally been in the home end when watching the Albion away and I remained respectful. Today Premier League tourism appeared in all its glory at the AMEX and it did seem new. Yes, the result is more important but we were outclassed by a team with vastly superior resources so it was hardly surprising.

I can see what you are saying and yes its a fair point...but from what i have read this was just a kid..does that really matter?..don't answer! ..I just can't get worked up about it ...apart from how many pages this has made which seems daft ..but hey ho

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
Children have heroes and idols, it’s all part of growing up. When I was that boys age my footballing heroes were the Albion team at the time, but I understood that players like George Best were special. It had absolutely nothing to do with the team I supported, but if I had seen Best play at the Goldstone, I would’ve loved it if he had given me his shirt. I’m sorry but I don’t understand the outrage, children should enjoy their childhood free of tribal pressures.

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
Not sure what there fuss is here. My son is 8 & football crazy. He'd be made up with any players shirt. & I'd be happy for him

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
How about this.
Why didn't the Chelsea player go to the Chelsea fans and give one of them the shirt?
Oh maybe he did, in the Brighton end ???

Well - if they werent albion fans & had any identifiable chelsea attire i hope the club are actively using their cctv to identify these people & how they got tickets - & ban them & anyone who helped them get in

That's anyone in the ground - not just these people

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Well - if they werent albion fans & had any identifiable chelsea attire i hope the club are actively using their cctv to identify these people & how they got tickets - & ban them & anyone who helped them get in

That's anyone in the ground - not just these people

Can't argue with that.
I struggle with modern football TBH, I can't believe he didn't go to his own fans. Odd, very odd.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here