Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Glory fans in the East Stand

Gazz15

May 13, 2014
Newhaven
I cannot believe the fuss made over a child receiving a shirt from a great player like Hazard? It matters not if the child is a Brighton or Chelsea fan, what a great moment and gesture by Hazard even if he did destroy The Albion!

This child asking for a shirt from a world class player, is surely not worse than Albion players worshipping at the feet of Mo salah?

Pickles

May 5, 2014
I cannot believe the fuss made over a child receiving a shirt from a great player like Hazard? It matters not if the child is a Brighton or Chelsea fan, what a great moment and gesture by Hazard even if he did destroy The Albion!

This child asking for a shirt from a world class player, is surely not worse than Albion players worshipping at the feet of Mo salah?

Cobblers.

My boy at that age would have politely turned his back, even if it was Pele.

I have brought him up correctly.:thumbsup:

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven

Why didn't he go to his own fans ? ???( away end ) I find this odd and disrespectful to the away support TBF.
But I think the Palace fans where right, a fair amount of so called BHA fans also support Chelsea.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Cobblers.

I'm sorry but that's nonsense. A shirt from Pele?

Fans were queuing up in 1966 at the various venues to get autographs from players like Eusebio & Pele.
Just think how much they'd be worth now.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Children have heroes and idols, it’s all part of growing up. When I was that boys age my footballing heroes were the Albion team at the time, but I understood that players like George Best were special. It had absolutely nothing to do with the team I supported, but if I had seen Best play at the Goldstone, I would’ve loved it if he had given me his shirt. I’m sorry but I don’t understand the outrage, children should enjoy their childhood free of tribal pressures.

Exactly.

Pickles

May 5, 2014
I'm sorry but that's nonsense. A shirt from Pele?

Fans were queuing up in 1966 at the various venues to get autographs from players like Eusebio & Pele.
Just think how much they'd be worth now.

Yep,I know my boy.

Chop his legs in half and you'll see blue and white stripes.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
It's a bit angry in here today. So, to calm things down, here's a picture of my cat.

Chelscat.jpg

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
I don't know how much more simple we have to make this. Before the game, the lad knocked up a poster asking a Chelsea player for his shirt. He could have got one asking Dunk, Duffy or Murray for a shirt but he chose Hazard. This was very pre-meditated, it wasn't a spur of the moment thing during the match. It shows exactly where that kid's allegiance is.

That's entirely that kid's prerogative but if you're a Chelsea fan rather than a Brighton fan then go in the away end and cheer them on. I don't blame the kid, I blame the parent. The parent is taking the piss out of all the other Brighton fans around him by doing this in the Brighton end. It really is that simple.

Respectfully, the lower east isn't really a Brighton end and never has been. You could compare it to the neutral side of the Putney end. I'm sure there are scatterings of true albion fans in there but they are at least equalled by people like this kid and his dad, or worse.

They pay just the same as any of us and I welcome that they do, though I would prefer a smaller capacity with a more passionate and boisterous crowd but these people are getting priced out and banned. Having been in this stand myself, it was one of the most soul-destroying experiences I have ever willingly subjected myself to and would give up going to the football if I had to be in there every other week.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
There are dads who really do not give a stuff about football, but their sons do, and so they take them to games, good dads I say.

Kylegreen-1

Jan 4, 2018
Near Tunbridge wells
i struggle to get to Albion games cos I work weekends and don’t drive but when I do I usually end up in the lower east cos it’s the only stand with seats left, even I have to admit the atmosphere is dead half the time and the last time I sat there I had a tourist from abroad next to me that ruined the game for me cos she was constantly asking questions about what was going on or asking me to take a picture of her in front of the match as it happened (she didn’t even know how long half time was or if they were even coming back out). I won’t lie it’s frustrating but at the end of the day it puts money into the club and I can’t argue with that.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Cobblers.

Too right. My son was too busy booing the ref to worry about what Chelsea's players were doing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eggman

Jul 8, 2003
West Sussex
Football is a partisan sport. If you want to applaud the opposition then off you fvck to the rugger or cricket. This is frankly embarrassing.

I mean, I get it. I've had the lecture. We need these people because they pay the wages of our amazing players and finance our success. Only that's bollocks. What they do is poison the atmosphere to the point where we're practically making the opposition a nice cup of tea and drawing them a route map to the goal.

STOP swapping shirts. STOP taking selfies. Kick the opposition on the pitch . Boo and whistle them off it. And get behind our lot. Our support was utterly pathetic today and this is just one of many embarrassing examples.

Yes. All of THIS

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
Football is a partisan sport. If you want to applaud the opposition then off you fvck to the rugger or cricket. This is frankly embarrassing.

I mean, I get it. I've had the lecture. We need these people because they pay the wages of our amazing players and finance our success. Only that's bollocks. What they do is poison the atmosphere to the point where we're practically making the opposition a nice cup of tea and drawing them a route map to the goal.

STOP swapping shirts. STOP taking selfies. Kick the opposition on the pitch . Boo and whistle them off it. And get behind our lot. Our support was utterly pathetic today and this is just one of many embarrassing examples.

Exactly .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here