Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Is the Prem even worth staying in?

Diablo

NSC Patreon
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
I've seen so many shitehouse games over the decades, whether they be wins loses or draws, I'd quite like to stay in a division that can see us hammering Chelsea for 70 minutes in a very entertaining game.

Not sure hammering is quite the right word but I do agree ... Enjoyable up to the 77 min when they got their third..we had many good chances, prob as many as them but we couldn`t put ours away !!

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Really enjoyed it today. Didn’t deserve to lose 4-0, hard not to admire goals like their 2nd and we’re giving it a go. Stay in it, get the money, get more competitive. The games overall are miles better than the majority of Championship matches.

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
Really enjoyed it today. Didn’t deserve to lose 4-0, hard not to admire goals like their 2nd and we’re giving it a go. Stay in it, get the money, get more competitive. The games overall are miles better than the majority of Championship matches.

Apparently we're only allowed to enjoy games when we win so best to pipe down with that attitude!

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Yes, it is the pinnical that 92 teams are striving to achieve and we made it.
Peoples from around the world would have watched us and been impressed.
Fine tune today's performance and we will stay up.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Palace made it to to a Cup Final a couple of seasons back, Southampton made it to the League Cup final last season. The glory is still there in football for those outside the top 6.

I'd argue that it means even more now because of the struggles with the end of the Goldstone, Gillingham and Withdean years.

Even then, it wasn't all sweetness and light at Withdean despite the success there.

Friday 10th December 1999
Brighton 3 Rochdale 4
Pouring down with rain.

It's a lot better now for sure.

Danny Culip's debut. It was almost a wonderful comeback. And then it wasn't.

BrickTamland

Mar 2, 2010
Brighton
Thanks. You clearly don't like being promoted, but hard to imagine you'd be happy going down to league 1, so hard to reach any other conclusion. It was simple really. [emoji106]

Or you could engage with the thought that I don’t want to see my team make up the numbers in a league we will have little success in. Maybe I’m just a bit sore over this one, but I like to at least see my team score some goals! Just think a few of you on here have swallowed the PL marketing from Barber and Sky a bit too easily.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Corinthian spirit.

But staying in the PL is everything. (Not my words, PB’s Aug 17 on BT Sport).

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Doesn't matter what league you're in, losing and not scoring isn't much fun to watch every week. Looking forward to relegation and not becoming a Sunderland or Wigan.

Perhaps not every week but watching the team play with such commitment makes it all worthwhile.
Just tighten up the defensive performances - where have the early season domineering games gone to (Duffy was pretty awful today)
And,,, we have our new striker to look forward to !

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Or you could engage with the thought that I don’t want to see my team make up the numbers in a league we will have little success in. Maybe I’m just a bit sore over this one, but I like to at least see my team score some goals! Just think a few of you on here have swallowed the PL marketing from Barber and Sky a bit too easily.

Its our first season. Of course it was going to be hard, its our first season up. Who thought it wouldn't be this way? Think back to 2002. Moaning about this season and preferring to be in the championship would be just like wishing we'd stayed in League 1 back in 2002-03. It was too hard, we lost a lot of games, we were just making up the numbers. And we went down, but stayed together and came back stronger, and went up again, stayed up that time, then came down, but four years later we came back and stayed up in the championship, and we haven't looked back since. We've been on an upward trajectory for 20 years and we're still on the journey.

Basically, don't give up after half a season in the premier league. We're still growing.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I worded it wrongly for sure, as if we stay up it means we would have put in some decent performances and been entertaining. But just about surviving every year, or aiming to finish 12th doesn't fill me with much enjoyment. Maybe I've been treated to too much the last few seasons

This was the same thing that happened in 1979 after we got promoted to the old first division. Fans had been spoilt by seeing us winning most weeks and didn’t like seeing us struggling at a higher level. I would have thought the three playoff defeats and the season of struggle under Sami and then CH would have made people appreciate the level we are at but apparently not everyone likes it. They are entitled to their opinion of course, but personally I want my team to play at the highest level possible. If you don’t, then what is the point of wanting them to win in the Championship? If they do it enough they’ll be back in the Premier League. Or should they refuse promotion?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here