Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Goldson over Duffy

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Whatever has happened to Shane this season, he's far more a hindrance than a help at this point.
Forget getting Connor a loan spell: start him in a back four.

Oh and forget this formation right now. We don't have the players for it.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Definitely this.

JonnyCLately

Jan 16, 2018
Shoreham by sea
Other than getting our act together from kick off, and Duffy's aberration for the Hazard goal, the formation looks decent to me - most attacking we've looked all season

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Goldson has been shit too. Bring in the bfg

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
The issue I have with Goldson and BFG is that their mid-long passing is a bit erratic. Great defenders and never worried when they are on the pitch but Duffy's passing has improved and, well Dunk is as good as any CB in that department.

BevBHA

Jan 23, 2017
What has happened is that in the championship 95% of teams just hoof the ball so all he has to do is stand there and head the ball all game and he looks decent. Premier League is a different kettle of fish he's far far too slow, awful on the ball and can't deal with the quality of player he's up against.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Duffy isn’t a premiership defender. No way. Far too clumsy and unitntelligent. I’d go with Conor all day long.

Last edited:

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Duffy was great beginning of the season but he's run out of steam. Few games away would do him some good. Goldson good enough to have his place, or the Honey Monster.

mikebha1963

May 13, 2014
Whatever has happened to Shane this season, he's far more a hindrance than a help at this point.

Agreed was saying same during the game.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo

The PL managers worked us out very quickly, attack (mostly) right down the middle via Stephens who has looked a little out of his depth tbh, and right at the feet of Duffy, who is likely to get skinned or commit a foul... Dunk then is pulled out of position freeing up an attacking player who strokes the ball (via a little pass) into our net. And repeat.

Simplicity IS the hallmark of genius. Bilic is about the only manager who opted to go long and to cross all game long, easy for Shane, championship level attacking play.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Duffy suits the Championship, out jumping clodhopper strikers and clearing the usual Long balls . He’s brilliant.

Prem teams play on the deck more and he’s getting exposed , Goldson is technically better against smaller nippier strikers and better at bringing the ball out of defence

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

djentist

Aug 15, 2017
I'm all for this. Goldson likely isn't going on loan now so he needs minutes, and has shown he can do it against teams around us for this upcoming run in.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here