Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Chelsea *** Official Match Thread ***

Thecoffeecake

Oct 10, 2017
Philadelphia
Woke up just in time for a 2-0 score. Obviously can't complain about the chance creation and attacking play since then, but I think I'll have to have a few more nightmares about the finishing.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Sure it was the ref getting booed.Stiletto having a good game,and a penalty if the ref wasn't so sh1te.

Can't believe Hughton has not changed the formation. Time and again Hazard or Willian are running at Dunk, Duffy and Goldson. The 3 centre backs get deeper and deeper. They do not have the quality to pass out of trouble, but this formation means they have to.

Sorry but this is the first time I have genuinely thought about whether Hughton is the best man for the job. Call me a bedwetter, or a wanker, or a fisherman but what I see in front of me does not look like a manager who knows what he is doing.

Normally I would agree with your first statement, but we are looking far more dangerous going forward with this formation.

We are already 2-0 down, so why not stick with it and see if we can get back into he game?

They are that good with the ball at their feet, they could score if we had 10 defenders at the back.

CH has taken a risk, in a game that on paper is a write off anyway, so why stick with a new formation. It might come in useful later in the season?

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Give BFG, Baldock and Jose some game time.

If we play a three, especially against a team without a proper number 9 BFG should be playing. Dunk in the middle, BFG left, Goldson right. In a three it needs to be mobile centre backs imo.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Wonder how long before a sub is used???
We've created a few good chances but Chelsea will create more and more and we'll get well and truly tonked come the end.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Should have had at least one pen. However, watch Chelsea, they pass the ball about, they move and pass, why can't we do that? How much more skillful do you need to be to have the intelligence of pass and move?

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Disastrous start aside, the attacking intent against a top team has been pleasing and I'm really liking the look of Schelotto. The trick will be to take this forward against our contemporaries in the coming fixtures. Play like this, attach the jump leads with a new striker and we might be in business.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Normally I would agree with your first statement, but we are looking far more dangerous going forward with this formation.

We are already 2-0 down, so why not stick with it and see if we can get back into he game?

They are that good with the ball at their feet, they could score if we had 10 defenders at the back.

CH has taken a risk, in a game that on paper is a write off anyway, so why stick with a new formation. It might come in useful later in the season?

At Chelsea we stifled Hazard pretty effectively playing the four at the back like normal. We look effective going forward today because players are actually trying to get up there, not sure it is the formation so much as the willing to get up there and the fact that we are two down so pushing up whilst Chelsea are sitting back more.

boik

Should have had at least one pen. However, watch Chelsea, they pass the ball about, they move and pass, why can't we do that? How much more skillful do you need to be to have the intelligence of pass and move?

Do you not understand why the good teams are at the top of the league? If every team could play like Chelsea, it really would be the best league in the world.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Do you not understand why the good teams are at the top of the league? If every team could play like Chelsea, it really would be the best league in the world.

I can always love an 'look at me I know better than you' post.

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
I've only ever been an albion fan, missed six home games since 1988 (including Gillingham and withdean....obviously), I'm not sure since the prem if 8 can be arsed to come again, not because we're losing just because I feel like a plastic when I'm clearly not, football IS DEAD!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here