Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Leo Ulloa [IS BACK]

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
If Leo had never played for us, would the people championing his cause, be quite so keen on him?

Personally, I don’t think so, far more would be asking why we need another slow, not very mobile, big man, when we need a completely different type of striker.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
lawros left foot;8293212[B said:
]If Leo had never played for us, would the people championing his cause, be quite so keen on him?[/B]

Personally, I don’t think so, far more would be asking why we need another slow, not very mobile, big man, when we need a completely different type of striker.

no because we wouldnt be aware of his ability

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Leo isn’t the answer, we have two strikers of the same type both as good if not better than Ulloa. If he had never played for us before, those clamouring for his return wouldn’t be so keen. I understand that many thought he was the dogs danglys when he was here, and he was excellent until his ankle injury, after that not so good.
Because he came to us from the Spanish second division, I’d never heard of him, but, now I have and I know he’s not what we need

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Nobody has ever asked this question before.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Leo isn’t the answer, we have two strikers of the same type both as good if not better than Ulloa. If he had never played for us before, those clamouring for his return wouldn’t be so keen. I understand that many thought he was the dogs danglys when he was here, and he was excellent until his ankle injury, after that not so good.
Because he came to us from the Spanish second division, I’d never heard of him, but, now I have and I know he’s not what we need

I dont agree as IMHO he is far better than Hemed and is equal to Murray.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I would take him back without hesitation on loan as he is a similar type of player to both Hemed and Murray but a vast upgrade on Hemed on all aspects of his play other than penalties, and as good as Murray.

Better than Hemed I grant you, but as good as Murray? I'm not so sure The question is, if we were to sign him on loan, either he or Glenn won't be playing many games, and that won't suit either player, or come to that.Leicester City either.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
We have 2 similar players (style and ability) and 2 complimentary strikers plus at least 2 players who want to be in the hole behind the striker. That's 6+ players fighting for 2 spots. Is a no from me.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I'd certainly take him back, as said, he is an upgrade on that position. Premier League winner and knows the Amex inside out, he's also a very faithful Seagulls man. A big yes from me, now we have the Dutch lad.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
I'd certainly take him back, as said, he is an upgrade on that position. Premier League winner and knows the Amex inside out, he's also a very faithful Seagulls man. A big yes from me, now we have the Dutch lad.

Hasn't played for years. That'll work.

I don't care if he knows where the laundry room is, and the Players' Lounge has moved since his time too.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Only on NSC can you get a thread praising the attributes of Ulloa hours after the club makes one of it's most exciting signings ever.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Calling for the return of Leo is just sentiment. Good player, did a great job for us, but not a significant update on what we've got. Leo at the Amex was then, this is now; we've moved on.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

So faithful he upped and left us for Leicester, (yes l know they were in the Premier League).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here