Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Leo Ulloa [IS BACK]

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
I suggested this version first time around and it was widely ignored, so I'll try again as I think it's better and sneaks in Leo's traditional footy nickname.....

Who's that man from Argentina
Who's that man we all adore
Leonardo is his name
And he scores a goal a game
So let The Cyclone blow forever more

How about, seeing as we are such a SOPHISTICATED bunch.
'Y el Ciclon es el mas mejor'

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Never mention barnsie anymore fits

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Very pleased we've got this one over the line... just a midfielder to be signed now, to replace Super Sid, and we will be there... forget all this utter nonsense about loaning out the excellent Goldson.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Not sure about Duffy full stop at the moment. I notice that it’s fairly unanimous now that The Greyhound should be our RB, especially in 5-3-2. Personally I’d want to see at least one of March/Izquierdo/Knockaert in the team otherwise I feel we’d be too pedestrian and easy to stifle. Nice to have some options though as up to now I feel Hughton’s hands have been tied somewhat.

Options is definitely where I'm coming from. Can now legitimately play 4-4-2, 4-4-1-1, 5-3-2 or even (though Hughton won't) 4-3-3 with what we now have in the squad.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Can we have a pic of his missus and a show reel so it feels like a proper new signing?

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
A third Spanish speaker in the squad - hope this will make Izquierdo happier - there's still so much to see from him

If you follow him on Instagram, he seems very happy indeed. Spending a lot of time with Schelotto, he seems settled into his new home now he's not living in a hotel and he seems to be enjoying life in the city.

Providing we stay up and continue to add quality to the squad, I think we could thrive next season without having to change too much of our core team.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
But thats not what a lot of people were saying early in the season. He looked sharp and strong and was proving a handful for everybody. Two vital goals in wins over WBA and Newcastle and press and pundits alike were bigging him up. The unfortunate stamp derailed his momentum and his season. Murray came in, scored, kept his place and Hemed was sidelined for a long time.
Like a lot of strikers, he is a confidence player and since he has reappeared, he has lost his touch. Without the ' stamping incident ' he could well have kept his place and scored equally as many as Murray.

At no stage this season has Hemed proved a handful for the opposition defenders, at no stage as he outmuscled his counterpart or outpaced them. Yes, he scored two vital goals but he's missed many decent chances and his goal return is consist with a striker who is at Championship level.

I have nothing against Tomer, he has been an excellent servant to this club but these are the cold, hard facts. We need goals and we won't get enough from him in the Prem.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Was a bit "meh" when this first surfaced but a loan for Leo does make sense. He knows the club, fans love him and he is an option to hit the ground running. If nothing else Murray will not be relied upon so much but will be able to swap with Leo albeit starting a game or a later substitution,. Without a doubt an improvement on what we have.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Not a first choice pick, but useful off of the bench and a good bloke to have about the place. He’ll be pleased to be back.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
We need two versions, one for each half of the North Stand.

Yes. And sung at different speeds obviously. Actually thinking about it the words of the last line don't really matter because regardless of the starting tempo(s) it will speed up and by the time we get to the end no bugger will be able to make' em out anyway.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here