Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Leo Ulloa [IS BACK]

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
At the same age Murray is a better footballer than Ulloa. Just think Leo would raise his game coming back here, especially for these next 4 crucial games. He’d worry the opposition too.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Pointer - never heard of him - but eight years at Pompey? Nah

Curry - never heard of him - but a pretty good scoring record. Any of it in the top division though?

Harburn - never heard of him - but 8 goals in 8 consecutive matches for the Albion - great! Third Division (South) though. Greedy as well. Asked for an extra £1 a week? Sod that! Sold him to Eveton for his cheek. Only got one top flight goal

My mistake I was certain Pointer played for us but according to wiki he didnt so I edited the post. The other two were good for us at the level we was at. during their time with us.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Do you remember when a load of kids/youths used to run on at the end of every league game, to pat the players off down the tunnel?

In a mid 70's league game with Port Vale, I was part of that mob when Beamish (playing for them, not us) lost his rag saying he was being booted by fans in the scuffle. I thought it funny and have always associated his name with ill temper.

Lol! I would never have run on to do anything of the kind, being a massive snob and very much against hero worship. That said.... what a peevish prat. Kenny Kenny Kenny Keeny Pee-eevish! :lolol:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
whether or not it means anything I dont know but I noticed that Leo Ulloa is not included in the 18 man squad for Leicester cup game today.

I noticed that too. He's on his way......

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I noticed that too. He's on his way......

I noticed that too but didn't want to be so boringly predictable as to pointlessly mention it here.
(A novelty for me)

Leo not being in the Leicester squad isn't exactly news.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Whilst not in the “bring back Ulloa” camp I wouldn’t be too unhappy at that even if we get another striker in. He would be a useful squad addition on those terms.

Especially if any of our current strikers of a similar mould are 'unavailable' for whatever reason. I think this would be a great bit of business.

Ulloa didn't suddenly become a poor player, he has found himself behind a rarely injured Vardy and a side that has been able to invest heavily following their incredible season. Ulloa not getting much game time isn't any gauge of what he still has to offer in the PL.

Jimmy Grimble

I noticed that too but didn't want to be so boringly predictable as to pointlessly mention it here.
(A novelty for me)

It is when they've made ten changes.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
(A novelty for me)

It is with ten changes.....

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Ulloa didn't suddenly become a poor player, he has found himself behind a rarely injured Vardy and a side that has been able to invest heavily following their incredible season.

Vardy aside, there are millions and millions of pounds worth of more strikers Leo has had to compete with. Slimani, Iheanacho, Okazaki and Musa being some other examples. That is serious competition for a player who could be better than anything we have at the moment.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It is when they've made ten changes.

It is with ten changes.....

Is it?

Shirley that's the whole point of being 'the forgotten man'.
What a surprise 19 minutes as sub doesn't guarantee a place in a rotated squad.

I bigger question, similar to the Baldock Paradox, ought to be 'how the hell did he get a contract extension in the first place?'

Also how many changes is the Albion make v palace, wasn't it something like 8?
Yet the team that played was very much a 'first team', and didn't contain a single fringe player. (just rushing off to see if Uwe played, which he did)

and only contained 1 fringe player.

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
He is a realistic loan target for us as opposed to somebody like Sturridge or even Ings who was on the bench for Liverpool v Swansea.

Do we still have fans sponsoring players? If so I hope you get first dibs if only for your relentless Ulloa campaign. Home and Away sponsor I hope :smile:

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
He's not what we need as he's the same as hemed and Murray who also have zero pace.If this young lad gets crocked again we'll have a bunch of slow worms up front.
Let's get another young player with pace which will be an asset to the club .

Bored of ex players coming back and bored of the many fans obsessed with them.....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here