Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Leo Ulloa [IS BACK]

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
I thought we were looking for premier league players - or are we rehearsing for next season already?

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free
John Byrne?

Fleeting, but I'll give you that one. I've also remembered Case was a re-signee.

So apart from Peter Ward and Dean Wilkins and Steve Foster and John Byrne and Jimmy Case and Steve Sidwell and Bobby Zamora and Glenn Murray, when has re-signing or loaning an old player ever worked for us?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Don't get your hopes to high about Locardia..Totally unproven at the level he is going in at. Currently injured and a Dutch correspondent on radio last week, said he isn't all that. Hughton will probably bench him or play him on wing anyway.

Did you tell CH and TB before he signed the cheque ?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I don't think bringing back Leo actually rules out bringing in a further striking option if Tomer also goes out on loan.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
My thoughts too ... If Ulloa is the answer then "Putting together a decent Championship squad" is the question
Which means we instantly fail the question, as the loan rumour is until the end of the season.

akipling

Jan 12, 2010
Morecambe
Fleeting, but I'll give you that one. I've also remembered Case was a re-signee.

So apart from Peter Ward and Dean Wilkins and Steve Foster and John Byrne and Jimmy Case and Steve Sidwell and Bobby Zamora and Glenn Murray, when has re-signing or loaning an old player ever worked for us?

To both lesser and very arguable extents I give you Adam Virgo and Dean Hammond

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Ulloa will be a much bigger threat at corners than either Murray or Hemed, if we continue to play the way we have been, i.e. in any attack the ball goes out to the wings and gets crossed in, Ulloa is a better man to have in there to head it in than anyone else we have.

Surrey Phil

Aug 3, 2010
I think some underestimate the lift a returning player will give the team and the fans. See Zamora, Murray etc. Given this is just a loan for a few months and is probably happening as other deals are maybe faltering- it’s a no brainier for me!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Ulloa and Locardia would represent a fairly significant strengthening of the front line ?
Which presumably means dropping Gross. I'm not sure Ulloa is much of an improvement on what we have, I'd rather we look for something different.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I don't think bringing back Leo actually rules out bringing in a further striking option if Tomer also goes out on loan.

Not just Tomer. Baldock could go too. Tomer is a 20 goals a season striker in the Championship and Baldock was by far the best secondary striker in the Championship last season. Do we really want the pair bench warming or do we cash in?

Bristol City & Fulham are both looking for strikers. They are both reliant on goals from everywhere else on the pitch other than from their centre forwards. They both stand a chance of play-offs at least and could push on further.

Both teams have players we’d like with us in the Premier League so perhaps some deals could be done?

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
FFS we are supposed to be "competing" with the likes of Manchester City, Manure, Arsenal, Spurs etc, NOT Bristol City and Fulham. Some people need to see how far we can fall if we screw this up.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
FFS we are supposed to be "competing" with the likes of Manchester City, Manure, Arsenal, Spurs etc, NOT Bristol City and Fulham. Some people need to see how far we can fall if we screw this up.

When it comes to strikers for the AMEX years the Albion hasn't even been able to compete with Bristol City and Fulham.

Yet throughout all this time of 'make do and mend' the one constant factor in football has been:-

'Strikers get more expensive'.

I'll not be calling this another 'make do' season until the window slams shut.
There's still plenty of business to be done and it'll be interesting to see where the potential signing of Leo will fit in.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here