Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Leo Ulloa [IS BACK]

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Bit boring/unimaginative all these former players coming back. As fans we want to see new blood in the line up that gem unearthed from somewhere or even better a home grown talent.

I don't. I want us to get the best possible players in for the money we can spend. Ulloa is not world class but he was great for us a division below and has since gone on to win the league title. Plus, he's turned down Aston Villa and Palace to be here. That'll do me.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Bit boring/unimaginative all these former players coming back. As fans we want to see new blood in the line up that gem unearthed from somewhere or even better a home grown talent.
Hopefully Viktor Gyokeres is that gem in 18 months time.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
The thing that nobody has considered is ....

.. what are we going to do with the last line of the song? Are we still not going to mention Murray?

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012

This is the c58th signing or loan since Hughton arrived (some of these were u23 bound).
4 have been former players (Zamora, Murray, Elliott Bennett, Sidwell). Ulloa will be the 5th.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England

Yeah, Zamora and Murray have both been rubbish.

I preferred new unknown talents like Jonathan Obika and Chuba Akpom. Variety is the spice of life.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
This is the c58th signing or loan since Hughton arrived (some of these were u23 bound).
4 have been former players (Zamora, Murray, Elliott Bennett, Sidwell). Ulloa will be the 5th.

I know what your saying I guess it really is proving difficult to find a striker for half sensible money.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
The thing that nobody has considered is ....

.. what are we going to do with the last line of the song? Are we still not going to mention Murray?

You're right I don't think I have seen one thing on NSC Twitter for Facebook, I really expected their to be 28 threads minimum on NSC

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Yeah, Zamora and Murray have both been rubbish.

I preferred new unknown talents like Jonathan Obika and Chuba Akpom. Variety is the spice of life.

Indeed. Murray only scored 20+ goals last year and a few this season. What we really want is these unknowns to appear - somewhat ignoring we’ve already spent 14 million on a striker as well. Just cant please some people.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Take a cold shower mate. We may be Brighton, but I don't think we will allow Ulloa to parade around the Amex holding his shorts aloft.:lolol:

LOL, I've been doing that a lot lately. My rapid-fire index finger only typing has been hitting the "o"o instead of the "i" when rattling out "shirt". Doesn't happen with other words, but happen a lot with "shirt".

I'm losing it, I'm properly losing it.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.

And we've had a pretty good hit rate with those ex-players. It's only Bennett that has disappointed.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I know what your saying I guess it really is proving difficult to find a striker for half sensible money.

Yes. Lets hope that Locadia - £14m proves to be that "gem unearthed from somewhere" and "home grown talents" - or at least dev squad talents - players like Alzate, Connolly, Gyokeres kick on.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
LOL, I've been doing that a lot lately. My rapid-fire index finger only typing has been hitting the "o"o instead of the "i" when rattling out "shirt". Doesn't happen with other words, but happen a lot with "shirt".

I'm losing it, I'm properly losing it.

Keep your short on m8! ;-)

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
One thing I do remember was that with Leo we scored from some corners. Now how many of those have we managed this season? he is a big upgrade imo.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
It will be great to have him back. Sometimes players just fit in at a club, and Leo fitted in here. Our success rate with returning heroes is pretty good of late with Bobby and Glenn proving to be just the shot in the arm we needed at the time of their signing.

Whilst we were all hoping for a new permanent signing at least in Leo we are getting someone who wants to be here and is emotionally committed to the club.

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
Definitely an upgrade o Hemed and Murray so what's not to like. Superb in the air, good finisher and is very physical so will hopefully by tangling up a couple of opposition defenders which will give more space to our wingers and Locadia.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Three things about Leo.

1. His goal at Forest was one of my favourite ever moments watching the Albion. Definitely top 3.
2. The more difficult the header was, the more likely he was to score it. Any cross lacking pace, floated in slightly behind him as he was falling the wrong way was guaranteed to go in.
3. I don't care if he's the right player for now & I would LOVE him back regardless

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here