Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] World's Hardest Creature XI - 2nd Round - Grasshopper Mouse v Grizzly Bear

Who's the hardest?

• Grasshopper Mouse

Votes: 44 52.4%
  • Grizzly Bear

Votes: 40 47.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
I'm a dyed-in-the-wool Bobbit Worm fan, but I'm firmly in team Grasshopper Mouse for this one. Having sort of won last year's WHC, he will have learned from his experience. I'm hoping for a Grasshopper Mouse - Bobbit Worm final.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
They certainly don't cuddle up. One grasshopper mouse rules his/her territory which is about 28 acres. They only tolerate one other mouse and that's for mating purposes.

They cuddle their babies coz all the others have keeled over and died. They have big territories because there are so few of them, there is a lot of space.

Look lets just settle this, right? I'm a zoologist and know what I'm talking about, I was on BBC 2 yesterday banging on about the natural world and everything, OK, this is my gig.

Bear wins.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
They cuddle their babies coz all the others have keeled over and died. They have big territories because there are so few of them, there is a lot of space.

Look lets just settle this, right? I'm a zoologist and know what I'm talking about, I was on BBC 2 yesterday banging on about the natural world and everything, OK, this is my gig.

Bear wins.

Ner ner ne ner ner:p:jester:

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington

Bear wins.

As if expertise matters on NSC... :lolol:

Sorry its the mental rodent for me.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Some incredibly weak arguments from the bear supporters. Good to see most people seeing through it and RIGHTFULLY voting for the Grasshopper Mouse.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Yeah, a bear should win it.
81SO8%2BqPg%2BL._SL1500_.jpg

I despair.

Team MOUSE.

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
I doubt the bear would even give a second glance to teeny weeny tiny sweet little mouse, as he picks it up by it's dainty tail and bites its ****ing head off.

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016

Bear wins.

The whole point of this is 'pound for pound' harness, and that requires a bit of imagination, which in my experience is something that scientists often lack.
How do you think the grizzly would get on against a twelve foot long scorpion? We'll never know - but in my imagination the grizzly turns and runs!

The mouse is hard.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I doubt the bear would even give a second glance to teeny weeny tiny sweet little mouse, as he picks it up by it's dainty tail and bites its ****ing head off.

An absolutely textbook WHC IRRELEVANT post.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

What does this have to do with which animal is harder?

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Agreed. Some utter MORONS don't understand the competition at all and are just voting for big apex predators who literally don't do anything hard at all.

OI!

Who are you to call me a moron
You can't even spell it in your user name!

:) Voted mouse actually!

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
By the nature of the rounds - it's a creature vs creature. It's not the bears fault that he got into the next round versus some namby pamby tiny pawed squeaker. In terms of "hardness", just because this rodent appears hard, and can ninjutsu a black scorpion, doesn't mean it wins this round.

The grizzly continues to fare poorly in the WHC year on year, just because people associate him with a cuddly stuffed animal. He wipes his arse on a nearby rabbit after a shit, and then eats it. Thats not hard, thats just ****ing tough as nails.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
OI!

Who are you to call me a moron
You can't even spell it in your user name!

:) Voted mouse actually!

:thumbsup:

I thought it pretty obvious I was being tongue-in-cheek in a poll about which is a harder animal but some do seem to take this stuff VERY seriously...(not you..)

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
The whole point of this is 'pound for pound' harness, and that requires a bit of imagination, which in my experience is something that scientists often lack.
How do you think the grizzly would get on against a twelve foot long scorpion? We'll never know - but in my imagination the grizzly turns and runs!

The mouse is hard.

Ooh I can feel the dig in the ribs all the way from here. Below the belt my good man!

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
I don't want to get involved here.
Because I'm not as hard as a grasshopper mouse.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
A mouse is now the hardest creature going, except of course for a cuddly badger?

Hmm.

The world has gone soft.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
First of the Bounces!

Less than a couple of hours to go in voting and one of the big beasts is in trouble against the headstrong mouse.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
POLL CLOSED - GRASSHOPPER MOUSE 44 GRIZZLY BEAR 41

GM.jpg

The Grasshopper Mouse stands and lets out a roar of triumph as he sees off the Grizzly's stout challenge to book his place in the last eight. Although a closely fought encounter, the Mouse took the lead early on and never really looked like letting it go. It's another result that goes to show that the apex predators can't have things all their own way in WHC. The Grizzly knows it has underperformed this time round and is going to have to take a long hard look at itself. Still, it's hard not to feel sorry for the big fella when you see the look on his face.

GB.jpg

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here