Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Boris's Latest Distraction Wheeze : A Bridge across the Channel ?

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Hypothectically
Perhaps, if it ever came to fruition :ffsparr:, BJ would be invited to open the bridge, mid channel, in a force 8 gale ! :lolol:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
That is an excellent idea but why only for 2 years? What's the thinking behind that? Personally, I'd go for a new 2nd chamber with every new government.

Because if they stayed too long, they'd be subject to pressures from lobbyists and would lose an independent sheen. And I wouldn't have them coming in with a new government for the same reason, a second chamber wouldn't be too associated with one party,

People also have lives to get back to.

There would of course be adequate compensation for people who were in the chamber - their existing salary + expenses and childcare

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
BREAKING NEWS——-

Boris has binned the bridge idea, next Government project will be a ladder to the moon.

Laughed so hard (you can guess the rest....) :laugh:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
If we had a bit more diversity of life experiences in the HoC then I don't think we'd have had cuts on disability benefits for a start.

You'd like to think that a nurse who became an MP, would vote against cutting disability benefits, but no, she toed the party line.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here