Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton to save Danish Superliga club, Lyngby BK, from bankruptcy.

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
This could indeed be a very shrewd move and one I hope we pursue if the deal is right for all parties.

Hoping this isn’t however an ego trip by TB to carry on his direct competition with the Brentford owner who owns Midtjylland.

I hate to be critical of TB and the two clubs being in the same league/nation is of course possibly just a happy coincidence but it makes for an interesting side story.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Perhaps this has something to do with the ongoing feud between Tony Bloom and Brentford owner Matthew Benham who is also the owner Danish football club Midtjylland. Maybe Tony wants to wind him up by beating him in England and Denmark?

What's this feud about?

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
What's this feud about?

They once worked together in the gambling industry, but had a major falling out and now run rival gambling consultancies. Tony owns Star Lizard and Benham owns Smartodds. There is no love lost between them and Tony snubbed Benham by joining our fans in the away end, rather than attending the directors box, when we last played Brentford.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Interesting. Bloom is really serious here isn't he. He hasn't just chucked his money into the team, players and wages to get a premier league side, a la Palace, but is chucking it into stadium expansion, new training ground, elite youth and women's teams, community development, allied businesses (hotel, retail) and now a feeder club. So maybe a little less cash for the team right now, but a hell of an investment on our future. This is full-on building of a dynasty around the Albion, building a 'big' club in so many ways

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Interesting. Bloom is really serious here isn't he. He hasn't just chucked his money into the team, players and wages to get a premier league side, a la Palace, but is chucking it into stadium expansion, new training ground, elite youth and women's teams, community development, allied businesses (hotel, retail) and now a feeder club. So maybe a little less cash for the team right now, but a hell of an investment on our future. This is full-on building of a dynasty around the Albion, building a 'big' club in so many ways

But how long can your average dynasty be propped up by the only potential money making part annually losing over £30,000,000?

Johnny RoastBeef

Jan 11, 2016

It may be a means to buy and develop South America's potential stars, which we are currently prohibited from doing due to the UKs work permit system.

Johnny RoastBeef

Jan 11, 2016
But how long can your average dynasty be propped up by the only potential money making part annually losing over £30,000,000?

I very much doubt that a man who is renowned for being a genius with numbers doesn't have a plan which has an overall profit at its end. You've got to speculate to accumulate.

Fortunately he has very deep pockets which get deeper every year.

Martlet

Jul 15, 2003
I think Matthew Benham (Brentford owner and Bloom-competitor) also owns a Danish club? Interesting parallel

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I very much doubt that a man who is renown for being a genius with numbers doesn't have a plan which has an overall profit at its end. You've got to speculate to accumulate.

Fortunately he has very deep pockets which get deeper every year.
You are correct although, aside from this year, I do find the notion that Tony was getting richer while propping up The Albion tough to get my head round.

(Probably why I haven't got a pot to wee-wee in, and he can afford to be secretive)

Johnny RoastBeef

Jan 11, 2016
You are correct although, aside from this year, I do find the notion that Tony was getting richer while propping up The Albion tough to get my head round.

(Probably why I haven't got a pot to wee-wee in, and he can afford to be secretive)

I believe he owns a very large international property portfolio.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard

My point is that the football team isn't the only money-making part. Sorry, thought it was obvious. It is designed to keep money flowing even when the prem money isn't there. The top end academy produces stars for sale, so does the feeder club (and our own players become cheaper). The allied businesses are part-owned by the Albion and generate money year-round. And the fantastic facilities are used for non-Albion events and generate revenue that way.

More revenue means more likelihood of staying at the top or bouncing straight back after relegation. Think of it as 'not doing a Wigan'.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here