Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Contract talks open already

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
So piece in The Argus today where Hughton says every player out of contract this summer knows where they stand. Seems quite early for us ?

Krul
Maenpaa
Huenemier
Rosenior
Sidwell
LuaLua
Bruno

Personally I think all of these players will be released / not offered contracts. Bruno possibly on the coaching side if he wanted it I'd hope.

Thoughts?

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
So piece in The Argus today where Hughton says every player out of contract this summer knows where they stand. Seems quite early for us ?

Krul
Maenpaa
Huenemier
Rosenior
Sidwell
LuaLua
Bruno

Personally I think all of these players will be released / not offered contracts. Bruno possibly on the coaching side if he wanted it I'd hope.

Thoughts?

Basically I agree. Maenpaa if he fancies being 3rd choice - must be an easy life? Krul also if he wants to stay?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Add Bong to that list...

Hunemeier may want to go back to be with his family and business in Germany ? ??? That's speculation of course, maybe he'd sign a deal if offered.

Krul is *home grown* so surely gets a new deal.

I can't see why Maenpaa would stay as 3rd choice.

Some tough calls there. Sadly maybe quite a few goodbyes.

¡Cereal Killer!

Whale Oil Beef Hooked
Sep 13, 2003
Somewhere over there...
I would keep Krul (decent backup and Walton can go out on loan again) and Huenmier(sp)
The others, although loyal servants to the club, are either too old, too injured or not in our plans whether in PL or Championship

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I've been really impressed with Hunemeier every time I've seen him play, so would be sad to see us lose him. I guess it comes down to how happy he is as a squad player, how he's settled in Englnad, and from our point of view, what happens in this window with a view to adding depth at the position.

Bruno is ageless though. We can't look at that number and make a judgement, as it's already gone past all logic. Still worth another deal for me.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I can't even see being relegated changing the outlook for those players though? BFG maybe but if I remember correctly, his family moved back to Germany very quickly after he moved here. He has barely featured so he'll surely want to leave.

I think the keeper situation is probably correct though, maybe offered to one but wouldn't be sure they'd sign

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Krul we may make him an offer if he's enjoyed his season here. I imagine we'd want to keep him.
Maenpaa, maybe. It may depend if Krul signs?
Huenemier, we're making noises about another CB as to allow Goldson to leave on loan. So he may well move on,
Rosenior is 33, if we're Championship he might get another year. If not, he might go elsewhere or into Management.
Sidwell - I imagine he'll retire at the end of the season, regardless of what division we're in.
LuaLua - Who? He's long gone.
Bruno - Would'nt be surprised to see him hang up his boots after a remarkable career.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Be interesting to know what the plans are for Walton.

In my opinion you only want him here if he's going to play or at least really challenge to play. If Championship there is a very good case for that, if Premier League then maybe they'll want him to have a season in the Championship. How long has Walton got on his contract? 3 years?

Oct 25, 2003
would be slightly surprised if Ryan stays if we go down, especially if he impresses in the World Cup so perhaps we'd keep one of Niki and Krul (both would be more than fine as a first choice in the Championship) and then have Walton as second choice- there has to be a point where we pull the trigger on that one, we can't loan him out forever

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Krul we may make him an offer if he's enjoyed his season here. I imagine we'd want to keep him.
Maenpaa, maybe. It may depend if Krul signs?
Huenemier, we're making noises about another CB as to allow Goldson to leave on loan. So he may well move on,
Rosenior is 33, if we're Championship he might get another year. If not, he might go elsewhere or into Management.
Sidwell - I imagine he'll retire at the end of the season, regardless of what division we're in.
LuaLua - Who? He's long gone.
Bruno - Would'nt be surprised to see him hang up his boots after a remarkable career.

Sidwell had indicated in a tweet that he wasn't looking at retirement

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Thoughts?
Impossible! It's a well known fact that our recruitment department can't organise anything until the last minute or later! Anyway, haven't they been on their hols. since September 1st?
:wink:

Agree with the OP though - I think most of those players won't be with us next season. That could make for an exciting/interesting summer - hope the putting together of next year's squad involves a few of our youngsters coming through.

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
Does really depend on what league we are in next season, as if we go down, no doubt some of our players would be sold - Dunk maybe. If that is the case we might need Huenemier more than if we stay in the premier league.

djentist

Aug 15, 2017

Krul
Maenpaa
Huenemier
Rosenior
Sidwell
LuaLua
Bruno

Thoughts?

Bong will get a new contract regardless of what division we're in, I'm confident. Krul and Uwe could stay if we're relegated but aside from that I can't see any of them staying. Rosenior and Sidwell are just deadwood to fill up the HGP numbers, Krul, Maenpaa and Uwe will want first team football, LuaLua not good enough and Bruno might retire

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I can't even see being relegated changing the outlook for those players though? BFG maybe but if I remember correctly, his family moved back to Germany very quickly after he moved here. He has barely featured so he'll surely want to leave.

I think the keeper situation is probably correct though, maybe offered to one but wouldn't be sure they'd sign

His family never moved here in the first place. His wife and two children live on a farm which has lots of horses. I've been trying to find the link but the best I can come up with is an article posted here on Nsc.

http://www.northstandchat.com/showt...le-about-Uwe-(Google-translated-from-Deutsch)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here