Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Will Jurgen Locadia Pass his Medical?

Will Locadia Pass his Medical

• Yes!

Votes: 80 67.2%
  • No!

Votes: 39 32.8%

• Total voters

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
A heart problem is a 'condition' rather than an 'injury' is it not?

Who else have we sought out who has been injured?

Does he still have the heart problem? The two highlighted from the summer window, are you saying this a good investment, has he had this injury before, is he happy with PSV, will it be reccurring just a few obvious questions. Some raving about FIFA ratings, videos as per D Rod et al, what are we mean't to make of this announcement with its sudden urgency as we had in the summer with the late signing of Isquierdo. An injured player, not early in the window, from what i've read they have come to us, now they are sorted not the other way around.
I'm in no position to judge as I have no idea who this guy is and why he's not really playing at the moment.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Ironically given that he is already crocked and we are still interested suggests to me that he will indeed pass the medical. I don't think the current condition is a concern it's whether the medical uncovers anything new which will determine the result.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Neto's injury was common knowledge and yet the club were still surprised by it.

Hey SB - that’s a good story which you’ve repeated a lot on here but never actually explained properly why you believe that 2 clubs can get involved in a multi million pound deal with that level of incompetence and due diligence or deception .
If only they’d had someone who could do 10 minutes of googling.

Jan 26, 2015
Berkshire
Hey SB - that’s a good story which you’ve repeated a lot on here but never actually explained properly why you believe that 2 clubs can get involved in a multi million pound deal with that level of incompetence and due diligence or deception .
If only they’d had someone who could do 10 minutes of googling.

EDIT (after 30 second Google search): It was a "historical" injury; Quote from Argus "Then the results of the medical revealed an historical knee issue which represented too much of a risk." http://www.theargus.co.uk/news/15417405.Talking_Point__Albion_had_to_say_no_to_Neto/

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
TBH he could turn up with one leg, one eye and deep in a coma and we'd probably sign him. We're bloody desperate for a striker now.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
My recollection is that the injury was known about but was found to be more serious at the medical - but that is based purely on my increasingly unreliable memory.

Well yes. That’s what a medical is for. Insinuation from SB is that they a) should have known in advance (how - not explained) and b) they don’t know what they’re doing.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Does he still have the heart problem? The two highlighted from the summer window, are you saying this a good investment, has he had this injury before, is he happy with PSV, will it be reccurring just a few obvious questions. Some raving about FIFA ratings, videos as per D Rod et al, what are we mean't to make of this announcement with its sudden urgency as we had in the summer with the late signing of Isquierdo. An injured player, not early in the window, from what i've read they have come to us, now they are sorted not the other way around.
I'm in no position to judge as I have no idea who this guy is and why he's not really playing at the moment.

I merely queried your comment about us seeking out injured players.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
EDIT (after 30 second Google search): It was a "historical" injury; Quote from Argus "Then the results of the medical revealed an historical knee issue which represented too much of a risk." http://www.theargus.co.uk/news/15417405.Talking_Point__Albion_had_to_say_no_to_Neto/

Agreed. But SB convinced the medical was a waste of time because both club , player and agent and barber and everyone else should have known this beforehand as it was “common knowledge”.

twowheelsbest

Nov 1, 2009
Brighton

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Right, looks like we're going somewhere here. £14.1m for the striker we've been looking for, but the big question is: Will he pass his medical?

I very much doubt he's THE striker. I'm sure the club will be looking at others.

Jan 26, 2015
Berkshire
Agreed. But SB convinced the medical was a waste of time because both club , player and agent and barber and everyone else should have known this beforehand as it was “common knowledge”.

Yeah, I agree with you. The club does seem to do these things properly. The logical conclusion of that thinking is that we'd never sign anyone who'd ever been injured.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Not sure how he can be expected to pass a medical when he is injured. Or is the medical to check that all the other bits work apart from the injured bits?

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
My view is that you fail medicals for long term serious conditions which affect your ability to play on a regular basis rather than a hamstring issue which is on the mend. So i expect/hope/pray that he will pass.

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
team-of-injured-and-happy-businessmen-after-a-soccer-game-c8d3r5.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here