Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Warren Aspinall - “get in their faces”

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Just listened to Albion Unlimited and Warren was asked about the Chelsea game several times and over and over again he said “get in their faces”.

He is clearly right. But do we have enough players of this type? Can we properly do a job on them. Roar out from minute one and go at it? I really hope so.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Just listened to Albion Unlimited and Warren was asked about the Chelsea game several times and over and over again he said “get in their faces”.

He is clearly right. But do we have enough players of this type? Can we properly do a job on them. Roar out from minute one and go at it? I really hope so.

I concur.

We do seem rather polite... I'm not sure we've got a genuine in yer face type beyond Duffy... Murray perchance, but we're all a bit kind of sorry I tackled you there Pedro etc.

Yeah, when I think about it we're showing (as others have said) a hell of a lot respect to the top six - hero woship ooohhhhh I'm actually running alongside Hazard, THE Hazard... ooohhhhh this is magic, it's like I'm actually 'in' FIFA.... wow!

shit he's scored.

Oh well, he is a world class player, who I respect massively. I guess that makes it okay.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I concur.

We do seem rather polite... I'm not sure we've got a genuine in yer face type beyond Duffy... Murray perchance, but we're all a bit kind of sorry I tackled you there Pedro etc.

I bet none of the lily livered surrender monkeys tackle Pedro

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
If Warren said it, it may have been feaces

fly high

Aug 25, 2011
in a house
It's not about personnel, it's how we play. How often have we seen Murray chasing down the keeper who easily passes round him to the backs as no one else is pressing them. Palace played like that against us, they gave Dunk & Duffy no time so they had no time to pick a pass. We stand off too much giving them time at the back & in midfield to put pressure on us, give any team time & eventually they'll find a way through, That's what Warren wants, put pressure as a unit not just some poor sod trying to do it on his own. Work as a unit, it's our only chance. Time to become the hunter, not the hunted.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
It's OK chasing down teams like Stoke and Swansea and sides like that but the defenders at Chelsea are just as good a footballer as some of their forwards and creative players. They will just pass round you if you chase them down. That said if our own creative players are at it then you have a chance but the creative players have showed very little consistency and I think Solly especially has been a little bit of a passenger so far this season.

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
Bongy can get stuck in too ��

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here