Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Jurgen Locadia SIGNED

Algernon

Sep 9, 2012
Newmarket.
I did wonder about the "is" and should have made the connection but I'm not sharp enough to have taken that into account.
Dank je wel mijnheer.
Tot ziens.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Makes the Mitrovic move for 15m very unlikely IMO though
Apparently Newcastle only want to sell him if they can get a better target. We should just be going for the better target!

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
It might not rise that high if Ashley wants to cash in. I know we had a bid of £8M turned down last night.

On the other hand, we might have more of an urgent need for another striker than we thought if somebody's head isn't in the right place. But not mentioning any more about that (whatever it is or isn't)!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
"Wolves’ loss will prove to be Brighton’s gain, as Locadia has all the tools to transform the Seagulls’ flagging frontline, with his pace, two-footedness and eye for goal.

The Dutchman has split his time between playing out wide on either flank and centrally as a striker since making his PSV debut in 2012, returning 62 goals in 178 all-competitions games for the club.

His versatility could prove a real asset for Chris Hughton, but the Brighton manager’s comments upon signing the 24-year-old gave a clear indication of which position the new man will feature in at the Amex Stadium."

MORE >>> https://whisp.rs/2DvQe16

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
Not sure if this has been mentioned yet...

They had a Dutch football expert on Hawksby and Jacobs on Talksport yesterday - and he really did not rate our new lad...

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Not sure if this has been mentioned yet...

They had a Dutch football expert on Hawksby and Jacobs on Talksport yesterday - and he really did not rate our new lad...

Was it Marcel Van Der Kraan? He is usually quite clued up.

Having said that, lot's of 'experts' didn't think Luis Suarez was going to be as good as he was when he was banging in the goals in Holland whereas Mateja Kezman used to be lauded. It does seem to be a bit hit and miss with strikers who scored lots of goals in the Dutch league and came over with big reputations in recent years:

Successes - Van Nistelrooy, Suarez, Van Persie;
Failures - Kezman, Afonso Alves, Vincent Jansson, Dirk Kuyt (I say failure as he was signed as a free scoring striker but was quickly converted to a hard working midfielder).

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

Having said that, lot's of 'experts' didn't think Luis Suarez was going to be as good as he was when he was banging in the goals in Holland whereas Mateja Kezman used to be lauded. It does seem to be a bit hit and miss with strikers who scored lots of goals in the Dutch league and came over with big reputations in recent years:

Failures - Kezman, Afonso Alves, Vincent Jansson, Dirk Kuyt (I say failure as he was signed as a free scoring striker but was quickly converted to a hard working midfielder).

What about the Dutch lad that Hughton signed for Norwich ?

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
What about the Dutch lad that Hughton signed for Norwich ?

Still not sure if he is crap or just didnt suit English football, 20 goals in 32 games last season for Vitesse.

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012

I can't remember his name to be honest. Very fluent in English with a Northern English twang. Bizzare to hear that mixed with Dutch.

I'm not saying he is right - in fact believe me I am praying he is dead wrong. Just relaying what I heard when I listened to the Podcast this afternoon.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Locadia will add new threat to Brighton

https://www.premierleague.com/news/603921

Adrian Clarke assesses five January signings and the impact they may have at their new club.

Jurgen Locadia (Brighton)

A lack of power and penetration in attack has limited Brighton & Hove Albion’s goal threat this season.

Their leading scorer Glenn Murray, with six goals, and Tomer Hemed have each made handy contributions in attack, but neither is a forward who will stretch opposition defences.

It helps to explain why Brighton have scored only 10 goals from inside the box from open play this season.

They need a striker who can run in behind, to create opportunities or score them. Jurgen Locadia looks to be just that type of player.

Running power

Scoring nine league goals for PSV Eindhoven this season, the 24-year-old can play as a lead striker or as a left or right-sided forward.

Locadia’s running power can transform Brighton’s potency inside the final third, especially on the counter-attack.

Surging down the side channels, where he is most most effective on the left, or running on to through-balls down the middle, the Dutchman was a constant threat for PSV.

He had Eredivisie’s second-highest average shots per match this season, with 4.4.

Capable of finishing with either foot, often on the back of a penetrative forward run, it is no surprise Brighton manager Chris Hughton moved for such a player.

Quality crosser

It is not just goals Brighton fans should expect from their club-record signing. Locadia also has a creative side, setting up 23 chances in 15 league appearances this season.

He can also deliver quality crosses from the flanks.

While he has the pace to go down the left and whip crosses across the face of goal with his left foot, Locadia’s strength is to cut in before whipping right-footed crosses into the penalty area.

This could be great news for Murray and Hemed, or for Brighton's right-sided winger Anthony Knockaert, who should be looking to take up positions at the far post.

Need for cutting edge

Only two Premier League sides have created fewer chances than Brighton’s 158 this season, so they needed someone to add a cutting edge.

Recent recruits from Eredivisie have been hit or miss in the Premier League, so there are no guarantees of success, but based on his style of play and recent form Locadia is just the type of player Brighton need.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here