Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Jurgen Locadia SIGNED

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
This does not make sense

Why not? We have paid £14m our record, for an unknown and untried striker at this level which to me indicates that we will be giving it a go to stay up. Had we signed Giroud or similar that would have shown that we intended to be here next season,. Not so clear cut as you make out although I am pleased with the signing and the reports about him.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Why not? We have paid £14m our record, for an unknown and untried striker at this level which to me indicates that we will be giving it a go to stay up. Had we signed Giroud or similar that would have shown that we intended to be here next season,.

You do talk rubbish. Did you ever seriously think we would sign Giroud (or any proven Premier League striker). They cost £30 million minimum

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Not sure if he’s any good, but he looks like an absolute baller.

And like any modern player his Twitter is blatantly not written by himself

Eg
How would your life be different if…
You stopped allowing other people to dilute or poison your day with their words or opinions? Let today be the day…
You stand strong in the truth of your beauty and journey through your day without attachment to the validation of others

Read his biog from this writer. He's had a tough upbringing.

https://twitter.com/chaka_simbeye/status/954455548791058432

[tweet]954455548791058432[/tweet]

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Good to see the club listen to the fans and get business done earlier

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Why not? We have paid £14m our record, for an unknown and untried striker at this level which to me indicates that we will be giving it a go to stay up. Had we signed Giroud or similar that would have shown that we intended to be here next season,.

With the greatest respect BG that doesn’t really clarify.

Richy_Seagull

Oct 7, 2003
Brighton
Why not? We have paid £14m our record, for an unknown and untried striker at this level which to me indicates that we will be giving it a go to stay up. Had we signed Giroud or similar that would have shown that we intended to be here next season,. Not so clear cut as you make out although I am pleased with the signing and the reports about him.

Literally not a clue what you are going on about.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Seems he's going to be wearing 25...no pressure.

Yep, he is and agree. It's an iconic number but let's hope he lives up to it.

You mostly have to give the club credit here. Everyone says we need a striker and not just one on the last day that stinks of desperation and they've come through. On paper he's what we need - strong and fast with a record of scoring goals, We've probably blindsided most pundits and our PL opposition too, doubt anyone saw this coming or knows much about him.

The only issue is the current injury. It puts him in to the fray in the middle of a tough series of games and that mounts the pressure as much as the shirt number. On the other hand we seem to have one of the most stringent medicals in the land so if he's passed that we presumably just need to be patient and let him get ready. The contract length is also a bonus because we either keep him no matter what this season delivers or we get (most of) our money back.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
You do talk rubbish. Did you ever seriously think we would sign Giroud (or any proven Premier League striker). They cost £30 million minimum

That is the whole point it is an indication that we will try to stay up: paying that kind of money for Giroud or similar would have shown what US is saying we intend to be here for a long time. I do not think that we could have bought Giroud or Ings or similar but was hoping for a possible loan.

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
25 shirt!! Big boots to fill. Set him a challenge no doubt. Get fit soon...............

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009

Time for your medication BG

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
He's basically saying:-

- I've never heard of him.
- Nobody knows more than me.
- Therefore this fella is shite

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
That is the whole point it is an indication that we will try to stay up: paying that kind of money for Giroud or similar would have shown what US is saying we intend to be here for a long time. I do not think that we could have bought Giroud or Ings or similar but was hoping for a possible loan.

Do you look at people's responses to your posts and ever think about not posting?

You might as well have posted that for Messi and Ronaldo as we were never going to sign them or Giroud. And are you seriously comparing Ings, an injury prone player with one good Premier League season, to Giroud?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here