Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Jurgen Locadia SIGNED

Razzoo

Sep 11, 2011
N. Yorkshire
Just watched a clip of him and apart from his obvious ability he also seems quite a smiley bloke. Not one of your surly petulant types. I have a great feeling about this signing.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Well we finally have our striker, now give him a chance and the bedwetters can finally stop pissing their pants to start concentrating on being positive :thumbsup:

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Locadia looks like the sort of player who would work perfectly playing off a physical, good in the air, striker who knows how to hold the ball up. Maybe a winger is going to be dropped and we go back to playing with 2 forwards and one winger?

I wouldn't be surprised if we bring in another forward, in fact, we need another forward. Locadia isn't going to be 100% match fit till at least mid Feb. Regardless, we need to have more strength in depth with our attacking options. 1 injury could be a disaster for us upfront even with Locadia now included. The fact we tried to sign that big physical Nantes striker who has a totally different style of play to Locadia, suggests we're looking for someone in the Murray mold too. Locadia looks like his game is more about carrying the ball and shooting from range, rather than holding up the ball and getting on the end of crosses.

Hold the nerve.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Locadia looks like the sort of player who would work perfectly playing off a physical, good in the air, striker who knows how to hold the ball up. Maybe a winger is going to be dropped and we go back to playing with 2 forwards and one winger?

I wouldn't be surprised if we bring in another forward, in fact, we need another forward. Locadia isn't going to be 100% match fit till at least mid Feb. Regardless, we need to have more strength in depth with our attacking options. 1 injury could be a disaster for us upfront even with Locadia now included. The fact we tried to sign that big physical Nantes striker who has a totally different style of play to Locadia, suggests we're looking for someone in the Murray mold too. Locadia looks like his game is more about carrying the ball and shooting from range, rather than holding up the ball and getting on the end of crosses.

Hold the nerve.

Can't see it. Think that is it regarding strikers. We certainly need another midfielder. We won't play with 2 up top.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Can't see it. Think that is it regarding strikers. We certainly need another midfielder. We won't play with 2 up top.

I really hope you’re wrong, against teams around us I think we need to play two up top. Just the sort of player who might thrive alongside Murray and his flick ons.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
PSV are our feeder club.

#allkindsof****edup
It is hard to get our heads around that....

....but in 82 we played as equals in a pre-season tournament with PSV, Ipswich and Lens which PSV hosted.

Priorities were different then, like not getting stabbed by the locals! I recall a beer and chat with Ipswich fans - it was very unusual to mix with fans of other clubs in those days.

PG

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Very positive comments on the radio just now from Tony Cascarino who ‘has seen him a few times’. Says he has very quick feet, is fast, can go past defenders, big and very strong and thinks he’ll be a success despite recognising general quality of Dutch players isn’t what it was.

ShandyH

Jan 22, 2010
Back in London
Chelsea's net spend the last 3 years has been very little.

Why people aren''t looking at the 2 Manc clubs & Liverpool as the big spenders these days is truly baffling?

Chelsea's net spend over the last 20 years is about £1 billion. Why isolate the last three years?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
He's looking to be ready and fit to play vs West Ham or, if not, Stoke ( argus ).

:albion2:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Sorry for quoting myself. Jurgen says we were trying to buy him last summer, & kept in touch. It's in his interview with the press.

So the recruitment team was working behind the scenes long before the window opened - wow! - that's one in the eye for all the naysayers who piped on about them being incompetent/lazy/waiting until the last minute etc.
Given that we were interested back in the summer though, and have been keeping tabs and contact actively ever since, I do wonder why the deal wasn't concluded until the 19th. - it would have been a real coup to have done this on January 1st. - and would have stopped a lot of doom, gloom and misery on NSC! Anyone ITK? PSV reluctant to sell? Locadia's injury? Agent holding out for more?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
So the recruitment team was working behind the scenes long before the window opened - wow! - that's one in the eye for all the naysayers who piped on about them being incompetent/lazy/waiting until the last minute etc.
Given that we were interested back in the summer though, and have been keeping tabs and contact actively ever since, I do wonder why the deal wasn't concluded until the 19th. - it would have been a real coup to have done this on January 1st. - and would have stopped a lot of doom, gloom and misery on NSC! Anyone ITK? PSV reluctant to sell? Locadia's injury? Agent holding out for more?
To much knowledge nobody has accused them of being incompetent/lazy/waiting until the last minute etc.

Why would they be like that while on holiday. :lolol:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

I'm not ITK, but probably a combination of all three. Add to that, PSV have signed another striker to replace him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here