Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Jurgen Locadia SIGNED

DavePage

From the highlight reels the Dutch Prem looks barely the standard of the Championship but the lad looks big, strong and not afraid to try his luck from distance, two good feet.

What concerns me is he hasn't played for 6 weeks, indeed he can't have trained much at all and he's clearly not the finished article - it's a bit of a stretch to expect him to bag us 6 or 7 goals in the run-in.

So you’re saying that the other 4’1” is crap?

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
The Dutch league may well be... how you (I mean they, but obviously the mock Dutch accent is too hard to resist) say... shit. But it's a step up from the Swiss second division where our last BIG striking target was plying his trade. Let's give him a chance (if indeed any of this is actually true - ha!) before confidently predicting that "because the Dutch league is awful blah dee blah blah etc."

We've rapidly moved on from the body blow of losing out on Steven Naismith, and from playing Krul up top... Life is looking a wee bit better.
Ha ha!

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Few years ago he was extremely highly rated along with Wijnaldum and very much at the same level. Saw him 5 or 6 times and looked very good but yes not a typical striker more a big and strong wide player who wants to score goals and fancies himself a striker. Good link up player though so could be just what we need upfront to suit the '3' of a 4-2-3-1 formation.

I do remember the big thing against him way back then though was being prone to an injury.

9/10 from me though in our current situation ^_^

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Few years ago he was extremely highly rated along with Wijnaldum and very much at the same level. Saw him 5 or 6 times and looked very good but yes not a typical striker more a big and strong wide player who wants to score goals and fancies himself a striker. Good link up player though so could be just what we need upfront to suit the '3' of a 4-2-3-1 formation.

I do remember the big thing against him way back then though was being prone to an injury.

9/10 from me though in our current situation ^_^

How the hell can you remember all that about some obscure dutch bloke you saw years ago that prior to 3 hours ago nobodies ever heard of ?

Are you BG's second account ?

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
How the hell can you remember all that about some obscure dutch bloke you saw years ago that prior to 3 hours ago nobodies ever heard of ?

It's not the other Hastings idiot Easy. Give him a chance eh. Seagull, not Gull etc.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
It's not the other Hastings idiot Easy. Give him a chance eh. Seagull, not Gull etc.

Quite prepared to do that my good man. We are in dire need of a striking hero, so frankly I'm at the stage now where I'm going to desperately grasp at ANYONE I've never heard of, in the hope he can come here and do the business.

It just never ceases to amaze me, the chapter and verse personal knowledge some posters on here apparently have on a player 99.9% of us wouldn't know if he turned up on our doorstep last night delivering a Dominoes pizza.

"Blimey. I ordered a 9 inch meat feast with garlic bread last night, and this bloke who I think was Jurgen Locadia turned up in my porch with it - I thought he was a big strong wide player for PSV who fancied himself as a striker but was ok at link-up play and probably best suited to a 4-2-3-1 formation. Yet here he was, climbing off his scooter with my dinner and giving me another menu I didn't need. Who knew ?"

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila

I USED to play a lot of video games like FM when had the time and even made a little beer money writing about them (poorly and far from professionally). Now that I travel a lot for work, a hobby for the past 10-15 years or so has been to go to games in relatively obscure cities and leagues. I have met a few people who have worked within football through this and have thus sometimes met up with them again and sat with them (even gotten a free ticket). One is Dutch and is asked regularly by such games to compile 'suggested' stats updates etc. for players he knows as are certain users on NSC (not myself). They thus know far more than me I'm sure. The interesting players to watch in obscure Czech or Scandiavian cities are not the 28 year old journeymen but the players who are tipped to break out over the next year or two.

Locadia was very often in the top 25 'prospects' type lists in Europe for a few years and thus used him within multiple iterations or computer games over the years especially as he's flexible position and formation wise. Resulting from this, anything that I've come across in media has been read or if seen a game on in a bar or live have recognised the name and would thus watch that player more than 21 others on the pitch. For some people it's quite easy to remember what general style of player a lot of players are. As in many hundreds, vaguely at least, if a hobby and say approaching a couple hundred in far more detail.

He is an odd and interesting player position wise and as a Qualified and Working kids Soccer Coach (amongst other things) it's interesting to watch what interesting players do on the pitch and how players/positions interact with each other in unusual ways. Especially if occasionally sat next to experts with 100x more knowledge than yourself or people who lead FA Coaching courses and thus those people who 'teach' famous names how to be a coach. I personally, generally though not always, thus respect their opinion and find it fun to chat to them. I've lost a lot of entire nights sat in a bar somewhere random after a game discussing kids I've coached, players I've grown up watching at the Albion or elsewhere etc. with knowledgeable people but wouldn't claim to be one myself. Just have an interest in Football at all levels but thanks for your concern.

P.S. I believe he was linked to Newcastle and Sunderland a few years back but that's just the way my brain works and I might be wrong so didn't include that in my initial post.

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach

I USED to play a lot of video games like FM when had the time and even made a little beer money writing about them (poorly and far from professionally). Now that I travel a lot for work, a hobby for the past 10-15 years or so has been to go to games in relatively obscure cities and leagues. I have met a few people who have worked within football through this and have thus sometimes met up with them again and sat with them (even gotten a free ticket). One is Dutch and is asked regularly by such games to compile 'suggested' stats updates etc. for players he knows as are certain users on NSC (not myself). They thus know far more than me I'm sure. The interesting players to watch in obscure Czech or Scandiavian cities are not the 28 year old journeymen but the players who are tipped to break out over the next year or two.

Locadia was very often in the top 25 'prospects' type lists in Europe for a few years and thus used him within multiple iterations or computer games over the years especially as he's flexible position and formation wise. Resulting from this, anything that I've come across in media has been read or if seen a game on in a bar or live have recognised the name and would thus watch that player more than 21 others on the pitch. For some people it's quite easy to remember what general style of player a lot of players are. As in many hundreds, vaguely at least, if a hobby and say approaching a couple hundred in far more detail.

He is an odd and interesting player position wise and as a Qualified and Working kids Soccer Coach (amongst other things) it's interesting to watch what interesting players do on the pitch and how players/positions interact with each other in unusual ways. Especially if occasionally sat next to experts with 100x more knowledge than yourself or people who lead FA Coaching courses and thus those people who 'teach' famous names how to be a coach. I personally, generally though not always, thus respect their opinion and find it fun to chat to them. I've lost a lot of entire nights sat in a bar somewhere random after a game discussing kids I've coached, players I've grown up watching at the Albion or elsewhere etc. with knowledgeable people but wouldn't claim to be one myself. Just have an interest in Football at all levels but thanks for your concern.

P.S. I believe he was linked to Newcastle and Sunderland a few years back but that's just the way my brain works and I might be wrong so didn't include that in my initial post.

That’s him told

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley

Wonder if you get a reply :lolol:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
According to Sky we were after him in the summer too. I can remember us being after several strikers in the summer (!) but I don't remember this one. Did I miss something, or was it just kept very quiet and off the radar?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here