Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Jurgen Locadia SIGNED

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Few years ago he was extremely highly rated along with Wijnaldum and very much at the same level. Saw him 5 or 6 times and looked very good but yes not a typical striker more a big and strong wide player who wants to score goals and fancies himself a striker. Good link up player though so could be just what we need upfront to suit the '3' of a 4-2-3-1 formation.

I do remember the big thing against him way back then though was being prone to an injury.

9/10 from me though in our current situation ^_^
Appreciate your insight.

He appears to be a very different option to Murray/ Hemed in terms of not really being a hold up/back-to-goal type player. How would you see him best fitting in to the team? At present our wide players have to do a lot of covering back.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
If it's Home Grown Player then Reinelt12's post reads:

"If Locadia comes in for Murphy that means a non Home Grown Player player is dropping out of the squad"

It's like when people say "PIN Number"

Or ATM machines

We could start a thread on favourite acronyms[emoji41]

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
No.I think we should spend 25m and on a striker who can play straightaway and not when it's too late to save us.

And 25 million would guarantee what exactly?!? Injury free goal laden Roy of the Rovers stuff?!? When you consider Lukaku was 75 million, I not so sure that the difference between 15 and 25 million is actually quantifiable in any way. Yes a fully fit striker would have been prefable, but I doubt Hughton would throw any overseas player straight in the mix anyway...

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Perhaps it's not ideal, but he will add competition and give both Hemed and Murray and even Baldock a reason to fight for the right to start up top. The question of whether or not he's better than Izzy etc. Well the Izzy we all saw was dross really...

He'll also be our record signing... going 'cheap' is not really how I see it, certainly not by the standards we have the money to compete with.

Finally; the club have not said this is it... it's him or bust! we may see another potential 'game changer' yet.

Keep the faith.

Murray and Hemed don’t need competiton. They’ve worked their socks off to do the best they can at this stage of their careers.

Brighton need pace, goals and wins now, so Locadia should be played straight away if fit.

There’s no time to tit around. The wins need to come in Jan, Feb and Mar looking at the final fixtures.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Murray and Hemed don’t need competiton. They’ve worked their socks off to do the best they can at this stage of their careers.

Brighton need pace, goals and wins now, so Locadia should be played straight away if fit.

There’s no time to tit around. The wins need to come in Jan, Feb and Mar looking at the final fixtures.

I agree it is indeed not the time to tit about, but I think we're going to have rely on Tomer and Glenn for a few weeks more in any event.

Beggars, choosers and all that.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Appreciate your insight.

He appears to be a very different option to Murray/ Hemed in terms of not really being a hold up/back-to-goal type player. How would you see him best fitting in to the team? At present our wide players have to do a lot of covering back.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I believe we could be playing a 4-3-3 against sides outside the top 6 at home. We have lost so many points against the likes of Burnley by not scoring enough. He’d be a great fit in any of those front 3 positions.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Let's play spot the difference:

August 2017

Classic .

I spoke to my Ajax mate about him and he said the guy is abysmal. He said he will put some money on Brighton going down with all the rubbish we are linked with.

January 2018

My Ajax supporting mate says he's average .... Although to be fair he said propper was average

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Quite an improvement in his assessment over five months.
By the summer, he'll think he's BRILLIANT.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
West Ham is 8 weeks after Locadia's injury.

You never know...

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
A transfer isn't a transfer without dwayne having a mate who isn't impressed by the player.
[emoji38]ol:

Renegade

Nov 24, 2017
And 25 million would guarantee what exactly?!? Injury free goal laden Roy of the Rovers stuff?!? When you consider Lukaku was 75 million, I not so sure that the difference between 15 and 25 million is actually quantifiable in any way. Yes a fully fit striker would have been prefable, but I doubt Hughton would throw any overseas player straight in the mix anyway...

25m guarantees nothing of course.Having a fit striker however guarantees you can start him sooner than 2 months of course.

I didn't realise we were in such a fortunate position that we have the luxury of waiting 2 months.I had assumed we were in the shit.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
Would be great if we could now get Florin Andone to go with this and Ezri Konsa. Would make the greatest collection of starry sounding names since the Melchester Rovers team of the late 70's.

Blackie Gray was a class forward.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
Interesting comment on Reddit when asked if this fella could potentially be the replacement for Brown rather than the elusive striker we all desire.

"We saw Izzy Brown in Eredivisie also with Vitesse and he is miles ahead of someone like Locadia.

Yes he's strong, think his levels can surely rise when getting used to the PL and he's capable of scoring a goal or two. Think he could be a great pinchhitter as well.
"

'Pinch hitter' ? More suited to the IPL than the EPL.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here