Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Jurgen Locadia SIGNED

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Our current season reminds me of Mboro’s PL season :(

Boro were already 5 points adrift of 14th place (they were 15th) after 23 games. I posted the current table and the table in Jan 17 in another thread, a couple of days ago.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
His ambition is to play for Manchester United. It's a No from me.
I'd me more than happy for the club to sell him to Manchester United.

Ker - and very much - ching.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
His ambition is to play for Manchester United. It's a No from me.

I regard that as a positive. The player realises that six or eighteen months with us, if he does well, could provide his golden ticket to the big time. So - we get a player who wants to give it his best shot, and is intelligent enough to realise that he needs to work to achieve his goal (as opposed to Dembele, for example, who seems to think he'll just wander straight into the Champions League without having to dirty his hands playing for a small time club like us).

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
As regards the Non HGP player dropping out assuming he is in the 25 would probably be Skalak. It is of course possible that CH has had 2nd thoughts or an offer about one of the 25 either a wide man or Hemed. To add an HGP if Goldson goes out on loan, is easy just add somebody from the U21s like Tilley just to meet the regulations and use if needed desperately.

This new guy will take Murphys place in the 25 man squad, as Murphy wasn’t a HGP we are like for like at the moment. I guess the concern is Sidwell being injured which leaves us on the limit of HGPs so we need to sign one HGP before we can let Goldson out on loan. The link to James Collins makes sense as he’s both a CB and a HGP so kills two birds with one stone. I don’t think we are allowed to just name an under 21 in the squad to meet the HGP rule though. I’m fairly certain all players named in the 25 man squad have to be over the age of 21.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Please, please let this happen... and then we will actually have a far better chance of surviving... long overdue IMHO, but well done our beloved club's Recruitment team if it finally happens...

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
always worried about signing players from the Dutch league . Players come over with great stats and do nothing .

Yep I can't think of a single Dutch player that hasn't amounted to a whole lump of nothing...

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Renegade is also ''two professors'' - Could help in reducing the options.

:lolol:Wrong.It's only you schizoid lefties like that dumb kraut that have multiple identities.Probably something to do with you all having small willies and needing to big yourselves up.:lolol:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I USED to play a lot of video games like FM when had the time and even made a little beer money writing about them (poorly and far from professionally). Now that I travel a lot for work, a hobby for the past 10-15 years or so has been to go to games in relatively obscure cities and leagues. I have met a few people who have worked within football through this and have thus sometimes met up with them again and sat with them (even gotten a free ticket). One is Dutch and is asked regularly by such games to compile 'suggested' stats updates etc. for players he knows as are certain users on NSC (not myself). They thus know far more than me I'm sure. The interesting players to watch in obscure Czech or Scandiavian cities are not the 28 year old journeymen but the players who are tipped to break out over the next year or two.

Locadia was very often in the top 25 'prospects' type lists in Europe for a few years and thus used him within multiple iterations or computer games over the years especially as he's flexible position and formation wise. Resulting from this, anything that I've come across in media has been read or if seen a game on in a bar or live have recognised the name and would thus watch that player more than 21 others on the pitch. For some people it's quite easy to remember what general style of player a lot of players are. As in many hundreds, vaguely at least, if a hobby and say approaching a couple hundred in far more detail.

He is an odd and interesting player position wise and as a Qualified and Working kids Soccer Coach (amongst other things) it's interesting to watch what interesting players do on the pitch and how players/positions interact with each other in unusual ways. Especially if occasionally sat next to experts with 100x more knowledge than yourself or people who lead FA Coaching courses and thus those people who 'teach' famous names how to be a coach. I personally, generally though not always, thus respect their opinion and find it fun to chat to them. I've lost a lot of entire nights sat in a bar somewhere random after a game discussing kids I've coached, players I've grown up watching at the Albion or elsewhere etc. with knowledgeable people but wouldn't claim to be one myself. Just have an interest in Football at all levels but thanks for your concern.

P.S. I believe he was linked to Newcastle and Sunderland a few years back but that's just the way my brain works and I might be wrong so didn't include that in my initial post.

Interesting, and fair enough. I wasn't completely doubting your assessment of Locadia or your credentials btw, but as I said, its always surprising to me when we get linked with someone who almost nobody over here has ever heard of, and then a poster pipes up with chapter and verse on his qualities and style of play.

As you and I well know, this place is stuffed to the rafters with goons,buffoons and bullshitters, so I tend not to just swallow everything I read on here. But I'll take notice of your posts on players in the future :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here