Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Jurgen Locadia SIGNED

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
https://nos.nl/artikel/2212748-cocu-over-aanstaande-vertrek-locadia-sportief-niet-blij-mee.html

Cocu about upcoming departure Locadia: sporting not happy with it

TODAY, 18:38 ADAPTED TO 18:38FOOTBALL
Play video 01:49
Cocu: sporting not happy with transfer Locadia

"Let me put one thing first: he is not gone yet, is he?" It was as if PSV coach Phillip Cocu tried to conquer the upset of an imminent transfer.

On Thursday evening it was announced that the transfer of attacker Jürgen Locadia to a whopping 16 million euros (excluding premiums and bonuses) to Brighton & Hove Albion is round about.

"You have to understand the situation of the club and the reasons they have to come to a transfer", Cocu showed diplomatically. "But I'm not happy about it in sports terms."

Jürgen Locadia and Phillip Cocu understand each other in the game with PEC Zwolle in 2016 JÜRGEN LOCADIA AND PHILLIP COCU
Cocu is convinced of the importance of the striker, who this season already nine times accurate in the premier league. "At the beginning of the season I indicated how I think about Locadia and that is how I still think about it", according to Cocu. "He came very young, as a 16-year-old, already at the first selection, and now he is one of the defining players."

'Strengthen total balance'
With Maximiliano Romero PSV seems to have the replacement of Locadia already in the house. In any case, the coach has an offensive choice. On the wish list that Cocu submitted to technical director Marcel Brands, there are mainly defensive reinforcements.

"Maybe the millions of such a transfer gives us opportunities to strengthen the entire balance of the team, with a left back, for example," acknowledges Cocu.

"But the club has financial reasons for this transfer, so we can not invest everything."

'Classic can best play a role'
On Sunday, the league-club will resume the competition with a traditionally difficult away game in Almelo against Heracles.

If that game is kicked off, then the outcome of the Classic between nearest competitor Ajax and Feyenoord is known. "That may well play a role, the players will get the result anyway, so who knows? But our task does not change, we have to win and that is difficult enough for us in Almelo."

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Cocu wasnt a bad player in his time so the fact he is so pissed fills me with hope that he will deliver.
Now where's me stethoscope.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
DONE: ALBION BREAK TRANSFER RECORD FOR STRIKER

Brighton & Hove Albion have completed the club-record signing of striker Jurgen Locadia from Dutch Eredivisie side PSV Eindhoven, on undisclosed terms.

The 24-year-old has signed a contract with Albion until June 2022, having successfully passed his medical earlier today.

Manager Chris Hughton said, “We are delighted to have signed Jurgen, and pleased to welcome him to the club.

“He is a player we have been aware of for sometime, and it’s been no secret we have wanted to add a striker of his type.

“He is a strong, powerful and quick centre-forward, with a real eye for goal and will increase our attacking options in the second half of the season.

“Jurgen already has a prolific goal record with PSV in the Dutch top division, and it is one we hope he can continue here with us in the Premier League.”

Locadia began his professional career with PSV, and hit the headlines when he scored a hat-trick when making his league debut as an 18-year-old substitute in a 6-0 win over VVV-Venlo in 2012/13.

He helped PSV win the Dutch Eredivisie in 2015 and 2016, playing alongside Albion midfielder Davy Propper; and won the Dutch Super Cup in 2015 and 2016 to complete an impressive domestic honours haul.

Locadia has a total of 45 goals and 34 assists from 82 Eredivisie starts and 45 substitute appearances. He has netted nine times this season, and provided an impressive six assists in 15 league appearances.

Locadia has also scored 14 goals in the domestic KNVB Cup and a further 3 times in European competitions for PSV; he has represented his country at all levels from under-17 to under-21.

He has also been called up to the Dutch senior squad three times, but is yet to win his first full international cap. Locadia will wear the number 25 shirt for Albion.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
What ! for just reporting what he is seeing/hearing ?

He is just an observer not an agent !

If JL ends up going somewhere else it could just as easily be down to the 600+ previous posts on this thread alone which could have served to flag up the availability to who knows how many competing clubs.
You're aware of the HATRED towards Andy Naylor on here, right? There are people waiting to see him trip up when something goes wrong? Or when he dares to voice an opinion about anything? Personally I don't get it.

I sympathise completely with him and understand that he's reporting info from the club, rather than rumours and gossip.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
Record signing and the No.25 shirt, no pressure on him then?
He's a very welcome addition and should give us a different option.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Welcome Jurgen, get match fit very soon please

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss... :albion2:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Fantastic that we've got him !

:albion2:

The rest of the transfer window should be more relaxed now we have the striker signed.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Well done Barber and the recruitment team. On the face of it, this looks like superb work on your behalf. Could be a terrific signing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here