Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Jurgen Locadia SIGNED

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Yes. He is holding up the shirt. I can comment now.

welcome Jurgen. Hope all goes well for you (and us).

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter

D

Deleted member 2719

I like the look of this lad, he appears to be a team player and a worker that is strong and mobile and also knows where the goal is.........and the real bonus is, he has never played for Palarse.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
So does this mean we're gonna get a shellacking tomorrow, as the commentator says 'I wonder if he's got a release clause?'

Or

We hand out an old skool shoeing, as the commentator says 'on this form he'll have a long wait before his debut'.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
https://nos.nl/artikel/2212748-cocu-over-aanstaande-vertrek-locadia-sportief-niet-blij-mee.html

Cocu about upcoming departure Locadia: sporting not happy with it

TODAY, 18:38 ADAPTED TO 18:38FOOTBALL
Play video 01:49
Cocu: sporting not happy with transfer Locadia

"Let me put one thing first: he is not gone yet, is he?" It was as if PSV coach Phillip Cocu tried to conquer the upset of an imminent transfer.

On Thursday evening it was announced that the transfer of attacker Jürgen Locadia to a whopping 16 million euros (excluding premiums and bonuses) to Brighton & Hove Albion is round about.

"You have to understand the situation of the club and the reasons they have to come to a transfer", Cocu showed diplomatically. "But I'm not happy about it in sports terms."

Jürgen Locadia and Phillip Cocu understand each other in the game with PEC Zwolle in 2016 JÜRGEN LOCADIA AND PHILLIP COCU
Cocu is convinced of the importance of the striker, who this season already nine times accurate in the premier league. "At the beginning of the season I indicated how I think about Locadia and that is how I still think about it", according to Cocu. "He came very young, as a 16-year-old, already at the first selection, and now he is one of the defining players."

"But the club has financial reasons for this transfer, so we can not invest everything."

https://twitter.com/FootballOranje_/status/954343040444981248

[tweet]954343040444981248[/tweet]

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
By golly folks we have a new striker at last. Fantastic news and a big well done to the club for getting this one over the line. My faith is restored. Now for another striker and a midfielder in this window and I'll be well chuffed. And we might even have enough to stay up this season.

Last edited:

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I don't think we have finished yet. I expect at least one more player in, probably a loan.

jabba

Jul 15, 2009
York
I wonder if the ground work for this one has been ongoing for a while and we tried to sign him last summer?

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I fully accept that but my point is that US went into raptures saying this showed our long term intent in this league and that is what I disagreed with I think it shows that we will give it a go this year to stay up, no more no less. Seems a good signing but not one to get over excited about at the moment, survival is our aim.

I am still on earth. Not been called to heaven yet. Come on fella this is a great signing

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here