Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Jurgen Locadia SIGNED

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
So in squad terms and if he signs then he will take Murphy’s squad place - now correct me if I am wrong, but we were at our limit of 8 home grown players with our 25 man squad? If Locadia comes in for Murphy that means a non HGP player is dropping out of the squad - correct?

Izzy Brown was U21 so not named in the squad, and essentially we need to replace Sidwell in the squad, so will need a HGP to replace him too...

And even our cover for Goldson would have to be HGP?

Or have I got that wrong?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've just worked out what a HGP is
Been wondering for a couple of weeks
[emoji2][emoji2]
[emoji41][emoji41][emoji41][emoji41][emoji41][emoji41][emoji481][emoji481][emoji481][emoji481][emoji481]

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I've just worked out what a HGP is
Been wondering for a couple of weeks
[emoji2][emoji2]
[emoji41][emoji41][emoji41][emoji41][emoji41][emoji41][emoji481][emoji481][emoji481][emoji481][emoji481]

If it's Home Grown Player then Reinelt12's post reads:

"If Locadia comes in for Murphy that means a non Home Grown Player player is dropping out of the squad"

It's like when people say "PIN Number"

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
We are desperate for a striker and you are concerned that we may be signing a player that is capable of scoring 4 goals in in 1 match.
I'm not.

No. I'm concerned that it distorts our view of his overall goal-scoring potential - although, on the plus side, it was against decent opposition by Dutch standards (his 4th incidentally was a penalty after Utrecht were reduced to 10 men). Great achievement to get 4 goals in any match but, if a player's averaging 1 in 2, I'd say it's a better indicator of their overall ability if they're more evenly spread out against different opponents. Looking at his starting positions and goal record, he doesn't appear to be an out and out centre forward, that's all. But hopefully I'm reading that wrong and he'll be a huge and instant success.

jasetheace

Apr 13, 2011
Would be great if we could now get Florin Andone to go with this and Ezri Konsa. Would make the greatest collection of starry sounding names since the Melchester Rovers team of the late 70's.

The Gem

Oct 17, 2008
Have to say, this is one of the funniest threads I have seen for a while, the comments are hilarious.

Long live NSC.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Have to say, this is one of the funniest threads I have seen for a while, the comments are hilarious.

Long live NSC.

Sorry to break it to you, but if/when we sign this fella then NSC is closing down.

Once we've signed a striker, our job here is done.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
If it's Home Grown Player then Reinelt12's post reads:

"If Locadia comes in for Murphy that means a non Home Grown Player player is dropping out of the squad"

It's like when people say "PIN Number"
Some yank said "P C correctness" on the radio this morning :facepalm:

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012
Sorry to break it to you, but if/when we sign this fella then NSC is closing down.

Once we've signed a striker, our job here is done.

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

PoG

Oct 29, 2013
Interesting comment on Reddit when asked if this fella could potentially be the replacement for Brown rather than the elusive striker we all desire.

"We saw Izzy Brown in Eredivisie also with Vitesse and he is miles ahead of someone like Locadia.

Yes he's strong, think his levels can surely rise when getting used to the PL and he's capable of scoring a goal or two. Think he could be a great pinchhitter as well.
"

Renegade

Nov 24, 2017
well the good news is he likes to get up early and has just arrived at the training center with his entourage for his medical .

View attachment 93235

Wrong photo.That one is out of date.This one is from today.Can't see he will be of much use.

5362830236_7c810421d2_b.jpg

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012
Not only are we thinking of going cheap on a striker,but we are considering one who might not be much use for at least 2 months.

Bloody fool you.

Try being a bit more realistic, and listening to what the club says on occasion....

....... or do you think we should be hijacking the Sanchez deal to Man Utd. After all, £500,000 per week is not that much above our normal wage structure.

Renegade

Nov 24, 2017
Try being a bit more realistic, and listening to what the club says on occasion....

....... or do you think we should be hijacking the Sanchez deal to Man Utd. After all, £500,000 per week is not that much above our normal wage structure.

No.I think we should spend 25m and on a striker who can play straightaway and not when it's too late to save us.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Not only are we thinking of going cheap on a striker,but we are considering one who might not be much use for at least 2 months.

Bloody fool you.

Perhaps it's not ideal, but he will add competition and give both Hemed and Murray and even Baldock a reason to fight for the right to start up top. The question of whether or not he's better than Izzy etc. Well the Izzy we all saw was dross really...

He'll also be our record signing... going 'cheap' is not really how I see it, certainly not by the standards we have the money to compete with.

Finally; the club have not said this is it... it's him or bust! we may see another potential 'game changer' yet.

Keep the faith.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012
No.I think we should spend 25m and on a striker who can play straightaway and not when it's too late to save us.

Maybe we will, but there is also the small question of who is available and which other clubs might be after them.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here