Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Jurgen Locadia SIGNED

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
25m guarantees nothing of course.Having a fit striker however guarantees you can start him sooner than 2 months of course.

I didn't realise we were in such a fortunate position that we have the luxury of waiting 2 months.I had assumed we were in the shit.

Okay - so are we in the bottom 3? Are we cut adrift?

Are we actually massively in the shit yet?

Are we totally sure we're going to have to wait 2 months?

Are we also sure that we won't be signing any other attacking players?

At the end of the day I'd just like you to be happy, but I guess everyone can suppport (inclusive of opinions re proposed transfers) the club as they see fit.

Onward!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
No.I think we should spend 25m and on a striker who can play straightaway and not when it's too late to save us.

Perhaps it's not ideal, but he will add competition and give both Hemed and Murray and even Baldock a reason to fight for the right to start up top. The question of whether or not he's better than Izzy etc. Well the Izzy we all saw was dross really...

He'll also be our record signing... going 'cheap' is not really how I see it, certainly not by the standards we have the money to compete with.

Finally; the club have not said this is it... it's him or bust! we may see another potential 'game changer' yet.

Keep the faith.

Ooooooh the perfect example of a 2003 join date vs a premier league 2017 join date (as per the other thread.) Point proven. :clap2:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Hopefully, my problem is Dutch football, Manu, R.Bergkamp........Kemy.

I suppose we have moved up the pecking order in terms of who we approach, Propper is doing okay as well..... (Arguing with myself [emoji2])

Good luck Jurgen......

Edit - still want Babacar

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

would it be greedy to want more than a currently injured striker? :smile:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
As regards the Non HGP player dropping out assuming he is in the 25 would probably be Skalak. It is of course possible that CH has had 2nd thoughts or an offer about one of the 25 either a wide man or Hemed. To add an HGP if Goldson goes out on loan, is easy just add somebody from the U21s like Tilley just to meet the regulations and use if needed desperately.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Doesn't seem to take up "lone striker" positions. Be interesting to see how he's used IF he signs. Doesn't look like he'd suit being up top in a 4-4-1-1 with most of the midfield 4 back defending...

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
25m guarantees nothing of course.Having a fit striker however guarantees you can start him sooner than 2 months of course.

I didn't realise we were in such a fortunate position that we have the luxury of waiting 2 months.I had assumed we were in the shit.

Two months?!!??

Where did two months come from? All I’ve seen it may be a couple of weeks more, before he’s fit., why would we sing someone who can’t play till the middle of March?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Two months?!!??

Where did two months come from? All I’ve seen it may be a couple of weeks more, before he’s fit., why would we sing someone who can’t play till the middle of March?

I think that comes from the original estimate of the time he will be out but forgetting that this happened on 10th December so he has been out for about 6 weeks. Taking into account Chelsea and the cup game could be fit for some action about Southampton or just after.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Two months?!!??

I think they call it:

A) Rearranging the facts to suit a lie that means he can moan more...

Or

B) Being a total bellend

You decide which - they are the 2 options.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Let's play spot the difference:

August 2017

January 2018

Quite an improvement in his assessment over five months.
By the summer, he'll think he's BRILLIANT.
Probably more to do with the fact he said propper was not premier league quality ! I. Other words his opinion is not to be trusted !!

To be fair though it doesn't seem like locadia is rated particularly highly by Dutch league watchers. Seems to be a step below propper

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Not only are we thinking of going cheap on a striker,but we are considering one who might not be much use for at least 2 months.

Bloody fool you.

How does 6 weeks in from recovering from a typical 6 week out injury become at “least 2 months”.
How is £14m+ in any way “cheap”. ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here