Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Put Krul upfront

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Just to prove how stupid all the other threads are about putting Dunk/Duffy/Goldson upfront are, let's really think outside the box(translation - I'm an idot for suggesting this) and put Krul upfront.

He clearly wants more game time, he will be fresh and eager to impress. Tall will cause defenders problems in the air, and knows where the goal is, which will be really useful when he is facing away from the goal, as will know all the angles.

Opposition won't know what to expect, tactical genius.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Just to prove how stupid all the other threads are about putting Dunk/Duffy/Goldson upfront are, let's really think outside the box(translation - I'm an idot for suggesting this) and put Krul upfront.

He clearly wants more game time, he will be fresh and eager to impress. Tall will cause defenders problems in the air, and knows where the goal is, which will be really useful when he is facing away from the goal, as will know all the angles.

Opposition won't know what to expect, tactical genius.

I like this kind of maverick thinking... just the other day I was thinking we should put Hughton upfront. He's still looking good, must workout, and he's so respected in the game no one would dare tackle him. I also reckon as a former fullback he'd make a natural striker.

The madcap laughs.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Hughton up front works for me too. That way he wouldn't have to endure all the piss running down the stand behind him during the game as our support loses control over its bladders.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
I enjoy this kind of thread. Another plus of having Krul upfront is that the opposing defence may be confused by his orange jersey... may just think he's stadium security for example... may work in our favour?
Alternatively, we could just put 'loadsa money' up front and see if we can persuade a striker to join us :laugh:

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Actually I've been thinking, IF the recruitment team fail to deliver striker (and let's face it, God only knows) I vote we play a 4-4-2 with Barber and Winstanley up top... A just punishment, hoisted by their own petard.

You drive for show, putt for dough.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Let’s just put Leon Best up front.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
As I've mentioned elsewhere, Alan Fettis got a few for Hull.

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
:lolol:
This one, and t'other one about Conner up front, hilarious. "Heads in the box" post did it for me.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Bring back Poyet but as a stop gap false no.9 and Taricco as LB, on short term contracts.

They'd give quality for 60 minutes. Class is permanent and all that.

The OP is spot on, with limited funds in the bank, the club must think outside the box.

Lindfield23

Dec 14, 2016
****ing kindle playing up

Putting an Amazon tablet up front might be a bit drastic even for us - although considering how the transfer window's going, nothing's off the cards just yet:lol:
#KindleIn #BarberOut

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
Actually I've been thinking, IF the recruitment team fail to deliver striker (and let's face it, God only knows) I vote we play a 4-4-2 with Barber and Winstanley up top... A just punishment, hoisted by their own petard.

You drive for show, putt for dough.

Would they count as part of the 'home groan' contingent?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here