Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Would you take England winning the World Cup...But Brighton get relegated

Would you take England winning the World Cup...but Brighton get relegated

• Yes

Votes: 60 24.8%
  • No

Votes: 182 75.2%

• Total voters

Seagull Mags

Aug 18, 2016
Well...?

I think I would. To see England win a world cup in my lifetime would be unbelievable, plus an outside chance Brighton could bounce straight back!

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
No.

I would take Brighton surviving but England losing to Panama en route to another humiliating group stage exit.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Yes. Relegations and promotions come and go.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Nope I’d take England not winning a game and Albion staying up though. Having said that I have seen England win the World Cup.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
No England are a 2nd concern of mine possibly even 3rd in football terms I am fortunate enough to have seen us win the World Cup I am not sure that we benefited by it long term.

Jack Daniels

Aug 25, 2011
Buggers Hole
Well...?

I think I would. To see England win a world cup in my lifetime would be unbelievable, plus an outside chance Brighton could bounce straight back!
No. England hasnt been viable entainment for many years now. Players dont want to risk club careers for international football.

Club football takes priority.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
No,I saw them do it,albeit on TV, aged 8. Albion to stay up and that's it. I doubt we'll get beyond the group stages TBH. ( England that is )

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free
Pointless thread.
How old are you? No-one over the age of 10 has any interest / expectation for England to win (and I've spent good money following England abroad, so I am well-placed to comment).

This is an Albion site for Albion people. We'll have no England here

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Well...?

Yes. I saw the 1966 win (on TV, not live) and if someone had told me then that we'd never even get close to winning it again I wouldn't have believed them. Brighton have been up and down umpteen times in the same period - and we'll get relegated again at some point so we might as well swap it for an England win!

BTW it's a good and fair question, but be warned: as you've only been an NSC member for about 18 months and only have a hundred posts you will get some pig-shit thick people on this thread calling you a 'Palace Troll' for even daring to suggest it. (It's what happened to another newbie who asked an equally-valid question about TB selling to rich foreigners). Just ignore them.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Yes.

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
Nope. As much as I have English heritage, I'm too much an Aussie born and bred to be able to support England. Brighton is my adopted home (even if I live in Uckfield now), so comes before anything collectively "England" or "UK".

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think that the vast majority who saw 1966 will vote no but I can understand younger people thinking differently as World Cup wins are few and far between promotion and relegation happens yearly.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
No. Club first every time.

Being honest, I love my club but I'm just not that bothered about England anymore. I can't wait for the world cup but not particularly because I'm excited about England doing well, I just love the event and watching different nations and new players.

I would like England to win it but even the thought of that unlikely event doesn't get me that worked up compared to the thought of possibly beating Southampton in a couple of weeks. Honestly, I would happily take England never appearing in a world cup again if it meant we got the 3 points at St Mary's.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here