Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Would you take England winning the World Cup...But Brighton get relegated

Would you take England winning the World Cup...but Brighton get relegated

• Yes

Votes: 60 24.8%
  • No

Votes: 182 75.2%

• Total voters

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
Lots of people saying no because England are sh#t. But that is not the ops question, if we won the world cup we would have to be good. I am at the age that all optimism has gone. However if we did win the country would be on a huge high.I would hope that if we got relegated we could bounce back. And if we are honest who is enjoying this season more than last. In the premier success is mid table whooped doo I enjoy watching the Albion and hopefully being successful. Not that I would go back but I had more fun in the withdean seasons than I have had in this one.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
10 years ago I'd have taken the WC. Now, Brighton.

That's not really a pop at the England team, I always support them, they are my team after all. My football horizons have just got narrower and narrower over the years and now it really is just about the Albion. Used to watch loads of Premier league football too when we were lower league, and even though now we are in it, I often can't be arsed to watch other games.

And even then, the prospect of Championship football doesn't really bother me either!

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Good question.
I would take England winning the WC.
it’s not that I’m a massive England fan it would just be a life experience seeing how the country reacted.
The feel good factor would be unbelievable

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Just seems bizarre to me. Euro 96 and WC 98 are what got me heavily involved in feeling for a team - the whole country seemed involved and it was magical. Granted, it doesn’t feel the same now but that support was planted there and then.

That was when we had players you could relate to as whilst they were very well paid they seemed more grounded and they had passion. Too much money in the game now and you get this molly coddled nobs with comedy sized head phones blinging it up.

I’d rather a nation with some proper men in their ranks took the cup.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
That was when we had players you could relate to as whilst they were very well paid they seemed more grounded and they had passion. Too much money in the game now and you get this molly coddled nobs with comedy sized head phones blinging it up.

I’d rather a nation with some proper men in their ranks took the cup.

I do actually agree with all you say...! But I think that’s football in general really. Prem league is all a bit too commercial for me. I’m saying the seed was planted for life then to always support my country - that’s just how it is!

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
I’d rather England won the Ashes or Six Nations then winning the football World Cup. In fact I’d probably take a European Ryder Cup win over the National football team.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
I do actually agree with all you say...! But I think that’s football in general really. Prem league is all a bit too commercial for me. I’m saying the seed was planted for life then to always support my country - that’s just how it is!

I admire your loyalty but the team became so unlikeable post 2006 that I can’t get fully behind them anymore. I hope it changes but the money has ruined it.

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
Have seen England win a World Cup in my lifetime . Sadly it will never happen again in anyone's lifetime .

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Why is the albion the team who has to pay for England winning the World Cup ? Hardly fair on us, is it ? ???

I'll take Swansea, West Brom and Palace going down as "the cost" of a World Cup win.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Palace troll.

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
I may have considered it when Gazza and Shearer were involved and any England team prior to that but the current crop of disinterested over paid bunch of glove wearing primadonna diving cheating money grabbing CJTC wimps can **** right off.

Up the Albion.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
It would be nice to win the World Cup, but it's not going to happen. So no.

And I was 13 the first time round!

I might support Australia, so that Maty Ryan can make a statement about short goalkeepers overcoming the odds wheb he takes his turn in parading the trophy

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Yes, because I expect Brighton to be relegated but don't expect England to win the World Cup, and Brighton have a chance of coming back up next year whereas England won't have another chance for four years (and there are one or two question marks about that tournament).

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
Absolutely not. Couldn’t care less what happens on the international stage these days.

Of zero relevance to anyone except kids (they haven’t suffered the disappointment of not qualifying/losing/being knocked out yet) and middle aged men who are twice as wide as they are tall and who should know better.

We’re in a post international football age as far as I’m concerned and the venues for the next three major tournaments have ensured I won’t give a toss about it again.

European Championships - not a single host Country and matches played all over - completely missing the point.

World Cups bought by dubious means in countries with very dubious reputations and nothing to do with the “legacy” as purported by FIFA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
No, but it would be a decent second prize. At last there are players in the England team who I can warm too, after years of idiots donning the shirt. Harry Kane scoring the winner in the final would be long-celebrated, I'm sure.

But Brighton first

Gazz15

May 13, 2014
Newhaven
No, but it would be a decent second prize. At last there are players in the England team who I can warm too, after years of idiots donning the shirt. Harry Kane scoring the winner in the final would be long-celebrated, I'm sure.

But Brighton first

Dream on son, we can but dream.....

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
Yes. Expected us to be relegated anyway, but England winning the WC might finally benefit football in this country as a whole.

Plus who's to say we won't be back in the Prem.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here