Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Pedro & Morata Both Suspended For Saturday

SAC

May 21, 2014
Chelsea are there for the taking, they haven't won a match (excluding penalties) out of the five they have played so far this month and aside from thrashing Stoke, they weren't that impressive in December either. The fact that they are 4th shows how poor (or competitive) the PL is this season.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I'm with Easy & Ernest, fully expecting the 8-1-1 formation to be deployed again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Only NSC could turn two Champions League finalists being suspended against us into a something negative :lolol:

Morata has been missing chances....but the fact is he has still been finding the spaces for those chances. He is a quality player and it will click for him again.

I would MUCH rather face a Chelsea without their £60m striker. Sure, they are still PACKED with talent, but this can only be a good thing.

Chelsea have scored 6 goals this year where Azpilacueta has delivered the EXACT same pass for Morata to finish. That weapon is gone.

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
Only NSC could turn two Champions League finalists being suspended against us into a something negative :lolol:

Morata has been missing chances....but the fact is he has still been finding the spaces for those chances. He is a quality player and it will click for him again.

I would MUCH rather face a Chelsea without their £60m striker. Sure, they are still PACKED with talent, but this can only be a good thing.

Chelsea have scored 6 goals this year where Azpilacueta has delivered the EXACT same pass for Morata to finish. That weapon is gone.

Stay in the game..we have to stay in the game...

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Without Morata swap Duffy for Goldson. We have to push up not gung-ho but take the game to Chelsea its probably our best chance of getting points off a top 6 opponent.
I would rather go down fighting than with the current whimper, time for the player to prove themselves as deserving their premier status.
Now is the winter of our discontent so into the Valley of death ran the 11 .... Charge!

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
Chelsea are there for the taking, they haven't won a match (excluding penalties) out of the five they have played so far this month and aside from thrashing Stoke, they weren't that impressive in December either. The fact that they are 4th shows how poor (or competitive) the PL is this season.

I had just about forgotten about the WBA game until this...

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Morata being out is great news for us. He has been going through a poor run like all strikers do but he is an outstanding player and I was sure he would be scoring a couple of headers against us this weekend so delighted he's out. Pedro being out is also a good thing as he is quality when he plays.

Willian is still a brilliant player but hopefully will be a bit tired after last night. If we can find a way of keeping Hazard as quiet as possible ( I appreciate that's easier said than done), I genuinely think we've got a chance of winning this game.

These suspensions and potential tiredness can only be good for us and I really hope Chris and the coaching team are being positive about our chances to the players. It would be great to see us go in to one of these games against the top 6 sides believing we could actually win it rather than looking like we're going for damage limitation from the start.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Hopefully Handbrake Hughton releases the shackles a bit !

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
No better time to play them, let's not just roll over

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I'm fully expecting CH to be singing Chelsea's praises in the press conference today. The phrase "very, very difficult" will feature prominently, several times I'm sure.

Renegade

Nov 24, 2017
I would have liked to have seen Morata and Pedro.I don't know if Morata being out will be such a loss.With him lately they have been
drawing blanks.Without him maybe whoever comes in will do better or a change of formation will prove good for Chelsea.

We are playing them at a good time taking into account their loss of form and the fact they had a big game yesterday.
Even a draw would be ok.

CPFC G

Dec 24, 2011
Big chance for you guys Saturday, Get stuck into them early and get at them. They are crap and have nothing to play for in the league.

Gazz15

May 13, 2014
Newhaven
This really is grasping at straws unnecessarily, Chelsea are there for the taking, their last 4 matches have produced diabolical performances.

If Norwich can get a 0-0 at Stamford Bridge in 90 mins, I truly expect Albion to get something at home and against a currently poor Chelsea further weakened by the absences mentioned.

It all depends upon our mindset from the start! ie positive or negative approach

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here