Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Photoshoppers/ Graphics people

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Road to recovery is limiting to those with mental health and or drug related issues I appreciate it probably accounts for a large percentage but in my humble opinion is not the right form of words for a more inclusive approach how about road to a brighter future

Fair point. I would guestimate that in the meetings the audience and participants is 95% mental health and addiction issues and the remaining 5% other like housing and stuff and recovery is a key word I would like to keep though I'll put it to the jury, thanks for your input

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Its superb. [MENTION=257]The Large One[/MENTION] has come in with something new which has swayed me 50/50 as I think the colour scheme may be more condusive to the audience. (the first Largeone one)
Al do you think you can change the footnote from EMPOWERING to EMPOWERMENT ON YOUR ROAD TO RECOVERY and even better see if you can get a swift as the letter W like MattBackHomes, thats great

I've made the change in the footnote.

As for the swift logo with a bird as a 'W' - personally I don't think it works. It's trying to be a bit too clever, especially when combined with the 'I' representing 'Information'.

With that in mind, here's an even more colourful version I've done.

Swift 2a.jpg

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
I've made the change in the footnote.

As for the swift logo with a bird as a 'W' - personally I don't think it works. It's trying to be a bit too clever, especially when combined with the 'I' representing 'Information'.

With that in mind, here's an even more colourful version I've done.

View attachment 93194

Bloody heck thats mint too, that can go on the fliers thanks a mill Al and Mattbackhome, got what I need I think. Looking forward to getting them printed. OK to stick the tenner in REMF with you guys?

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Bloody heck thats mint too, that can go on the fliers thanks a mill Al and Mattbackhome, got what I need I think. Looking forward to getting them printed. OK to stick the tenner in REMF with you guys?

Seriously that is bloody good, the sun rising out of the water colour really my audience will hopefully be inspired top job, gonna stick that on glossy paper for the proof of concept thanks again

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England

Can I take the piss, I dont want to waste your time but the last one, the colourful one do you think you could add the following at the bottom as that design will be fantastic in glossy fliers in doctors surgeries and support groups

Swanswell - 01905 721 020

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Can I take the piss, I dont want to waste your time but the last one, the colourful one do you think you could add the following at the bottom as that design will be fantastic in glossy fliers in doctors surgeries and support groups

Swanswell - 01905 721 020

I can make that into an A5 size for a flyer (though ideally flyers are double sided) and/or or A4 for a poster.

If you want it all done in one hit, DM me all of the contact details - the phone number, social media contacts, email address - the works. And I'll put it on there for you.

Tenner to REMF, and a Harvey's for me (there were corrections, you know) should we ever meet. Cheers, Al x

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
I can make that into an A5 size for a flyer (though ideally flyers are double sided) and/or or A4 for a poster.

If you want it all done in one hit, DM me all of the contact details - the phone number, social media contacts, email address - the works. And I'll put it on there for you.

Tenner to REMF, and a Harvey's for me (there were corrections, you know) should we ever meet. Cheers, Al x

Top work TLO. Well done.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England

Thats fantastic of you thanks a million :) I have a coupla questions which with be in the PM coming.

Whats the best way to donate to REMF is there a justgiving page where my token payment (I would do more but cant right now) could earn a coupla extra quid? @unclespeilsberg

I got my siblings to look over the designs earlier and the jury decided that the top one from the first set you did would be the best for our newsletter and the last one you did with the sun would be the best as posters and fliers to brighten up a dreary doctors surgery and support group on a poster or a5/a6 fliers

This mini project is part of my own personal recovery as well to I am personally grateful. And if the stationery can help expand our group which is the intention we are elegible for a sizeable grant to help more people and improve the service for existing service users, so yeah its a good cause IMO.

Thanks again Al be PM en route

Last edited:

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Changed my EMPOWERMENT also!

Thanks Jack and mattbackhome for your time and better efforts than I could do, after consensus I am going for TLOs work as its gonna look more appealing to pick up in the support centres and doctors surgerys due to the colours and will brighten the walls up I think but appreciated very much

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
ok al payment made to REMF, I couldnt do the bit where you do a top up though so its just the tenner cos I'm not paying UK tax right now. I hope o get to Brighton this season and make my Amex debut if all goes well and you shall get your Harveys

Thanks a mill

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
Thanks Jack and mattbackhome for your time and better efforts than I could do, after consensus I am going for TLOs work as its gonna look more appealing to pick up in the support centres and doctors surgerys due to the colours and will brighten the walls up I think but appreciated very much

You got some great help there and some great designs! The power of NSC!

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
9164237de005e3930b6b4bfefd38185c.jpg

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
You got some great help there and some great designs! The power of NSC!

Concur. I like all the designs that came in and they got better and better for different applications of the design. Unfortunately I cant donate more right now but hey its the best I can do, and so far 3 charities have benefited albeit minimal in no particlar order which are me (part of my recovery program) and hoping to get back into work mode, token payment to REMF (every little and all that) and Swanswell which I cant wait to present this to on Wednesday subject to me being able to scrape the dollar together to present it and get a test run done. Oh and a 4th charity The Large One who wants a pint of Harveys which would be delighted to deliver if at all possible. The power of NSC indeed! I got a mixture of Flyers, Posters, and a header for the newsletter which will help some people off the streets and get off abuse so very very pleased :) TLOs last design is hopefully gonna be up in surgerys and fliers soooon

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Well chuffed to bits. Mr Al The Large One has sent me the final design which is going to the printers today ready for me to share on Wednesdays meeting, after which it will going into DR surgerys and usergroups subject to approval (heck its a hell of a lot better than the current branding)

I'm sure Al wont mind me sharing,

Front of flyer
front.PNG

and the back

back.PNG

Cheers TLO, NSC at its finest

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Really sorry to come in at this late stage - I hadn’t read the string previously.
Your flyer doesn’t actually define what the viewer is recovering from. Excuse me if I have missed the point but if this was on the surgery notice board I wouldn’t know if it applied to me or not until I got to the last paras on the back.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Really sorry to come in at this late stage - I hadn’t read the string previously.
Your flyer doesn’t actually define what the viewer is recovering from. Excuse me if I have missed the point but if this was on the surgery notice board I wouldn’t know if it applied to me or not until I got to the last paras on the back.

Thats cool thank you for input. My dad pointed out something similar last night, I guess to me its obvious but not to everyone, in Support and Fellowship.It was a bit late in the day to ask Al for any more amendments as he's put a good chunk of time in and I am happy with this as a start, and feeddback from yourself and the group on Wednesday is great before it goes more widely produced. Off to the printers now for the "beta" version to presented. This aint my bag (dont do marketing or design but with TLO I'm happy with it for a demo before I get charity feedback and your goodselves) :thumbsup:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Thats cool thank you for input. My dad pointed out something similar last night, I guess to me its obvious but not to everyone, in Support and Fellowship.It was a bit late in the day to ask Al for any more amendments as he's put a good chunk of time in and I am happy with this as a start, and feeddback from yourself and the group on Wednesday is great before it goes more widely produced. Off to the printers now for the "beta" version to presented. This aint my bag (dont do marketing or design but with TLO I'm happy with it for a demo before I get charity feedback and your goodselves) :thumbsup:

You can ask for more amendments if you need them.

Your bar bill might be growing a bit, mind.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
You can ask for more amendments if you need them.

Your bar bill might be growing a bit, mind.

Thanks Al a mill, I can deal with that. V1.x looks amazing, as per email I have the physical media now and a printer on board, top notch. Sat in from of some glossy A5s and A4s ready to present
Printer has done a grand job with your art

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here