I heard it as 'so VAR so good'

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Jim D View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      I heard it as 'so VAR so good'
      You’re quite right Jim. I just thought he was being a pr.ick
      So, many, many thanks and see you soon, because it’s not a goodbye, I know I will come back, I have to.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Saunders View Post
      Its physically not possible to dive without moving forward or behind the line and for obvious reasons you wont be diving behind the line.
      Of course it is are you bonkers? You can move side to side, your feet are supposed to be on the line from which you can dive any direction you wish. I coach goalkeeping and frankly you’re wrong
      “FROM the towns all Inns have been driven: from the villages most. . . . Change your hearts or you will lose your Inns and you will deserve to have lost them. But when you have lost your Inns drown your empty selves, for you will have lost the last of England.”

0 Not allowed!
      The media seems to have a widespread misunderstanding of VAR, which is pretty poor since it's their job to understand these kind of things.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by PILTDOWN MAN View Post
      Of course it is are you bonkers? You can move side to side, your feet are supposed to be on the line from which you can dive any direction you wish. I coach goalkeeping and frankly you’re wrong
      OK record a video of you diving without moving a step forward on a goal line and we can all have a good laugh. The fact that you coach goalkeeping and are completely ignorant to this frankly scares me

0 Not allowed!
      6 different people have asked are Pedro and Morata banned for saturday's games , i'm not sure either but i can say Morata is now a non starter in my dream team so it would suggest that yes they are both banned .
      RIP Bud

0 Not allowed!
      http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42630626

That Willian one is a stonewall pen, I dunno how anyone can argue otherwise. The defender makes a desperate lunge and gets absolutely nowhere NEAR the ball, but makes clear contact with the player. If that had been (say) Gross on the end of that challenge this weekend, and we hadn't been awarded it, then this place would've gone absolutely BOOLOO. I realise its Chelsea and nobody likes them, and Naarch were the underdogs. But look at it subjectively at least.

The Morata one would've been a soft one, no question there. But you have to ask why a defender thinks he has the right to raise his arms and put them round a players shoulders who is going around him. Morata went down easy so it was probably the right decision, but its one of those where the defender is on the absolute limits of what is legal. Its a contact sport, but I've not seen anything that makes it within the rules to grab your opponents shoulders when he's done you.

Anyway. VARS. What a minefield eh ?
      "But you accept that there is an increased risk of vehicle/bat collision"
      A different kind of pasty pasty's Avatar

1 Not allowed!
      What a splendid night of cup football. Smug Eddie gets a walloping by a league 1 team, and our next opponents have two probable starters red carded.
      And coming on for Manchester United, Zlatan Ibrahimović
      WHO?

2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Easy 10 View Post
      http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42630626

That Willian one is a stonewall pen, I dunno how anyone can argue otherwise. The defender makes a desperate lunge and gets absolutely nowhere NEAR the ball, but makes clear contact with the player. If that had been (say) Gross on the end of that challenge this weekend, and we hadn't been awarded it, then this place would've gone absolutely BOOLOO. I realise its Chelsea and nobody likes them, and Naarch were the underdogs. But look at it subjectively at least.

The Morata one would've been a soft one, no question there. But you have to ask why a defender thinks he has the right to raise his arms and put them round a players shoulders who is going around him. Morata went down easy so it was probably the right decision, but its one of those where the defender is on the absolute limits of what is legal. Its a contact sport, but I've not seen anything that makes it within the rules to grab your opponents shoulders when he's done you.

Anyway. VARS. What a minefield eh ?

Players have been allowed to perfect the art of subtly bringing themselves down, whilst giving the impression that the defender/goalkeeper has brought them down. Its all done at high speed and to the naked eye is nigh on impossible to differentiate between. We have all been conned into believing that any contact is deserving of a penalty. It has become an art form, a skill worked on and perfected. These highly paid professionals are good at what they do and for a long time have got away with it unchallenged. A free licence to do what they like in the penalty area.
      After years of exposure to this institutionalised cheating, it is so ingrained in players/ex players/managers and many fans, that now, many cannot tell the difference. The dragging of a leg against an opponent to initiate contact and followed by the subsequent fall is deemed perfectly acceptable by many.
      These posts show the division out there. Some are saying stonewall pen, others declaring no pen at all. Nobody really knows. The edges have been deliberately blurred and debate rages. If VAR serves one purpose and one purpose only and gradually gets players to realise that they owe the game, themselves and the fans, the dignity of employing proper footballing skill to create goal scoring opportunities, rather than take the easier, softer option of clever gamesmanship, then it will all be worthwhile. It will take time to change the mindset of more than one generation but we now have a chance to get back the game that we all love and hopefully watch players show more skill in trying to score goals.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by pasty View Post
      What a splendid night of cup football. Smug Eddie gets a walloping by a league 1 team, and our next opponents have two probable starters red carded.
      I am sure Smug Eddie will lose no sleep in being dumped out of the Cup. Likewise CH would have been more than happy to have no Cup distraction. As for Saturday, anyone who was at West Brom will know that a repeat of that level of performance and Conte could field his youth team against us and win.