Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Film] Your best ever acting performance in a film

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Morata , in the epic chelsea v norwich blockbuster , i've never seen a more polished performance from somebody pertaining to be a professional footballer , beautiful work fella .

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Tom Hardy in Locke.
Hardy can be a bit meh is some films and excellent in others. In Locke he goes beyond excellent. It literally left me stunned.

Guy Pearce in Memento.

John Candy in Planes Trains and Automobiles.

Holly Hunter in Raising Arizona.

Eric Bana in Chopper.

Vincent Cassel in Mesrine.

I second both Guy Pearce and Eric Bana, and add:
Russell Crowe in Romper Stomper
Gary Oldman in Sid and Nancy
Too many good performance from De Niro and Pacino to pick one, and Christian Bale is never off.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Tom Hanks in Captain Phillips - the last 10 minutes are astonishing

Never been a huge fan of his, but this changed when I saw this film. Never been so sure about an oscar winning performance but he DIDN'T win. Ridiculous.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Dennis Hopper in the trailer scene of True Romance. That whole film is seriously under-rated (apart form Oldman's overacting which is appalling) but Hopper's performance is sublime.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Sean Penn has turned in some great performances. I don't really like him much but in Mystic River he is fantastic, the porch scene is heart wrenching and in the oft overlooked U Turn is a tour de force in exasperation.

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
Marlee Matlin , in Children Of a Lesser God .

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Albert Finney in The Browning Version. Such a lovely film.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
[yt]u4Je2WxsqWA[/yt]

William H. Macy in Fargo is one of my all time favourites. A weasel of a man, lying through his teeth, gradually and comically crumbling to dust under the pressure.
What a movie.

Last edited:

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Russell Crow in A Beautiful Mind.
Robert De Niro in Cape Fear.
Paul Newman In Cool Hand Luke.
Tom Hanks in The Road To Perdition.

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
“Think that was about the Holocaust? That was about success, wasn’t it? The Holocaust is about six million people who get killed. Schindler’s List was about six hundred people who don’t.”

Without wanting to contribute to the binfestery threatening to break out, my take on SL was that it was about those who survived, in amongst all the others who didn't. So, they're both right?!

Charlize Theron, Monster

This caught my eye. Hanks, Pacino, Streep et al, you pretty much expect 'great' performances. But for Charlize Theron of all people to pull that one out of the bag, was pretty amazing. When I first saw it I had no idea who she was. Then Googled her and was presented with her modelling for perfume ads, well, wow what a transformation in appearance and behaviour. I'm looking forward to Darkest Hour for pretty much the same reasons.

Thinking about the past times I've gone "who is that, that was amazing", early 90s offerings of The Basketball Diaries and This Boy's Life come to mind, with some kid called Leonardo DiCaprio. To be that good that young.... He'll do alright I reckon.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Dennis Hopper in the trailer scene of True Romance. That whole film is seriously under-rated (apart form Oldman's overacting which is appalling) but Hopper's performance is sublime.

Love that film, right up there in my top five.

Christopher Walken is also superb in his scene. Although his performance could also be considered over the top I think that part of the films charms is that it gave the actors a chance to indulge in their craft. For me the film is better for this including and especially in the case of Oldman. Think i will give it, and badlands another watch.

All about opinions though.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I once played Joseph in the nativity

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Brando in The Godfather a film with other great acting performances such as Al Pacino
De Niro in Raging Bull

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here