Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Film] Your best ever acting performance in a film

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I can’t say I’m a film expert and probably see fewer films than other people on this thread but for me the opening single 20 minute scene in Tarrentino’s Inglorious Basterds is utterly mesmerising.

Reinelt12

Sick Note
Nov 8, 2006
Lichfield, United Kingdom
Tom Hardy in Legend - to be able to play 2 parts with such different personalities but still make them so similar, was brilliant!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I can’t say I’m a film expert and probably see fewer films than other people on this thread but for me the opening single 20 minute scene in Tarrentino’s Inglorious Basterds is utterly mesmerising.

Completely agree, then the rest of the film can not keep up to that high standard of intense drama, the scene is so powerful and illiterates the horrors of war that occurred outside battle.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....

Oh... Oh....

Watching this at the movies, the opening scene on widescreen was also mesmerising all the rooms and goings on then leading to this scene a few minutes later, blood on the snow...

Superb bit of acting by Daniel Day Lewis.

[yt]asnMB-kYFoc[/yt]

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Oh... Oh....

Watching this at the movies, the opening scene on widescreen was also mesmerising all the rooms and goings on then leading to this scene a few minutes later, blood on the snow...

Superb bit of acting by Daniel Day Lewis.

[yt]asnMB-kYFoc[/yt]

Good call. I saw this at the movies as well....a great film.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Bruce Willis - Armageddon !!!

Fun fact: the sequal to Armageddon was scripted to involve the earth being hit by a second asteroid and everyone having to leave. It was titled Armageddon: Outta Here

This is of course an untrue fun fact and a piss poor gag to boot.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Dustin Hoffman as Ratzo Ritzo in Midnight Cowboy..... or is he persona non grata these days.

Napier's Knee

Mar 23, 2014
West Sussex
Robert de Niro - Raging Bull, Taxi Driver, Mean Streets
Scarlett Johansson Lost in Translation (and for just being Scarlett Johansson)
Pretty much anything by Isabelle Huppert

Last edited:

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
I rewatched Lambs recently, and while Lecter is obviously the star turn & scene-chewer I reckon Jodie Foster does a much better acting job. Starling is a really interesting mixture of overachieving drive with an undercurrent of self-doubt. Her backstory (father's death, the crying of the lambs) is clearly both what defines her current career and dedication, and because she's responding in this way she's been ujabel to fully process it; hence Hannibal getting to her when they are sharing information. She plays it wonderfully. Hopkins is also fantastic, but acting the one-dimensional (genious) psychopath. I agree with [MENTION=28104]DavidRyder[/MENTION] that he's better in The Bounty, for one.

Best in recent years to spring to mind is Casey Affleck in Manchester by the Sea.

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
Not very many ladies mentioned so far. Bette Davis and Joan Crawford did a good job in "Whatever Happened To Baby Jane". Where they acting or were they carrying on their reported off screen dislike of each other?
I can't leave out Maggie Smith who never fails to give a great performance as Maggie Smith.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here