Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Film] Your best ever acting performance in a film

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
Nicholson in OFOTCN an Christopher Walker in The Deer Hunter are Contenders but my favourite is James Cagney in White Heat.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
I used to do a bit of amateur theatre years ago, but I always got the role of the con man or villain and I am really quite a nice chap.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Top of my list is the cameo role of Orson Welles in The Third Man. The setting, the glorious mood enhancing music and the film building to that first glimpse of him, shadowed in a doorway. There then follows a relatively brief but mesmeric and charismatic performance, climaxing in one of the great movie speeches of all time. Actors don't always have to fill the screen for two hours to make a lasting impression.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Tom Hanks in Saving Private Ryan and the Green Mile for me.

Incredible actor
Philadelphia?

Also, although not a film, I thought Hugh Grant was brilliant in A very English scandal.

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
There"ll probably be a few raised eyebrows with this nomination but the performance of Briditte Bardot in "La Verite" (The Truth) was outstanding and probably her most accomplished acting role. Proved beyond doubt that she was more than a mere "sex kitten".

https://youtu.be/CejcRKSwaq0

....and here's the whole film with English subtitles. Brilliant film.

https://youtu.be/qWnsdigcny0

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Tom Hardy in Locke
Brendan Gleason in In Bruges
Arnie in Hercules in New York.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills