Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Film] Your best ever acting performance in a film

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
David Niven in a Matter of Life & Death. If you can leave the opening scene when he is about to jump from his Lancaster without a parachute having spoken to Kim Hunter playing a Ground Control Operative dry eyed you are a strange person.

Great call!

I'd like to add both Robert Donat and the wonderful Greer Garson in the original Goodbye Mr Chips.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Gloria Swanson in Sunset Boulevard gives one hell of a show. And actress-wise, I love a bit of Deborah Kerr in Black Narcissus and The Innocents.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Sean Penn has turned in some great performances. I don't really like him much but in Mystic River he is fantastic, the porch scene is heart wrenching and in the oft overlooked U Turn is a tour de force in exasperation.

He was bloody brilliant in Carlito's Way too. As was Pacino, but he's always brilliant.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Great call!

I'd like to add both Robert Donat and the wonderful Greer Garson in the original Goodbye Mr Chips.

Thank you for mentioning that.

I love that version of Goodbye Mr Chips, goose bumps just thinking of the emotive ending.

Donat was also great portraying Friese-Green in The Magic Box.

Greer Garson was a great actress, for example, in Pride and Prejudice.

Olivier and Merle Oberon were brilliant in Wuthering Heights (1940).

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Charlize Theron in Monster

image.jpeg

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Alec Guinness as Duke Etherel, The Banker, Reverend Lord Henry d'Ascoyne, General Lord Rufus D'Ascoyne, Admiral Horatio d'Ascoyne, Young Henry d'Ascoyne, Lady Agatha d'Ascoyne and Lord Ascoyne d'Ascoyne in Kind Hearts and Coronets (1949)[53]

getz

Jan 15, 2010
Everyone has forgotten James Dean, the original angry young man in East of Eden. So wanted to be like him.

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
Hurt in elephant man
Ddl in my left foot
Jimmy Stewart spirit of st Louis
Travolta battlefield earth

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Samuel L Jackson as Jules Winfield in Pulp Fiction for me. A wonderful mix between everyman burger conversation and 'What ain't no country I've ever heard of' Born to read Tarantino scripts.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here