Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Is this the quietest transfer window you can recall?

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
Very, very worrying.

There’s a moment where criticising the club rightly for not getting a striker in August, and frustration that January is not all wrapped up yet tips over into conspiracy theories and unnecessary nudges and winks.

This is that moment.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Yes I know it's the Daily Fail but..........
Suddenly got louder!
Sanchez to Manure, earning £450,000 a week, with Mkhitaryan, going the other way.
World has gone mad.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...nchez-agrees-four-half-year-Man-Utd-deal.html

That is sickening. Also shows how far the goalposts have moved in just the last couple of years. The top clubs are just distorting the market to an outrageous level now. With fair to middling players now commanding fees in excess of £50m and £80-100k a week seemingly a fairly average wage you can see how the Albion in their first season in the EPL may struggle to make their £100m windfall go very far.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patreon
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
There’s a moment where criticising the club rightly for not getting a striker in August, and frustration that January is not all wrapped up yet tips over into conspiracy theories and unnecessary nudges and winks.

This is that moment.

Oh well in 13 days if we haven’t signed a striker there will be more than a few winks!

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
I’m just a Albion fan mate. Huddersfield, who you seem overly impressed with for some reason, can do one !

I am very impressed with their transfer policy and can appreciate the dividends they're now seeing from it. I don't see a problem with admiring a well run club. I have a ton of admiration for Forest Green too, does that not make me an Albion fan?

D

Deleted member 22389

We can't afford good players and nobody knows what division we will be in. If we manage to stay up, next season would be completely different. If we go down that premier league money would be eaton away, that's what I'm scared about.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Bozza will have to start a number of these threads to keep the click bait going as regrettably, as I said before Christmas, BHA are not in any meaningful talks with any meaningful players to join us in January. Regrettably the position as at last weekend is still the same.

Care to elaborate ?

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
I am very impressed with their transfer policy and can appreciate the dividends they're now seeing from it. I don't see a problem with admiring a well run club. I have a ton of admiration for Forest Green too, does that not make me an Albion fan?

Of course not. I think the club is a well run family club with an owner much like TB.
The transfer activity to and fros though on here aren’t framed as you did just then but are often merely used as a stick to beat up on aspects of our club.
But yes. I’ve no beef with Hudds or Hudds fans. Wish i had not said they could do one ... got a bit carried away :)

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide
Bozza will have to start a number of these threads to keep the click bait going as regrettably, as I said before Christmas, BHA are not in any meaningful talks with any meaningful players to join us in January. Regrettably the position as at last weekend is still the same.

... unfortunately I do - I wish I could give a glimmer of hope for new faces coming over the horizon, but it is not & never was, going to happen

I can’t say on a public forum - just sit back, expect nothing & we won’t be disappointed. It will all wash out in the public forum by the end of the season

:ffsparr: maybe stick to the old score prediction thread eh?!

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Agreed, the fact that a team that finished 5th in the Championship 12 points behind us on a 32 inferior GD over 46 games in a season can overtake us is incredible. It seems the proof that signing players early in the window is most certainly a benefit!

Agreed as that never happens normally in football. Teams always stay in the same order. The Huddersfield obsession from some on here is a joke. They have done okay but are dropping like us. Either or both of us could easily go down. I would be surprised if neither of us do

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter

I can’t say on a public forum - just sit back, expect nothing & we won’t be disappointed. It will all wash out in the public forum by the end of the season

Remind me never to believe a word you post again.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
I like that statistic.

An Albion fan who went home after Wigan and "celebrated" promotion could have a baby now. The football club who started planning for Premier League football on the same day still don't have a striker.

If a few Junior Seagulls are registered with the name Jurgen in the next couple of weeks your point is proved. Unless some JCL parents are just paying homage to the leader of their first team...

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
This is the busiest transfer window I can recall.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Have to say, [MENTION=12697]Steve Foster[/MENTION] has had an absolute shocker here.

An absolute shocker.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here