Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Is this the quietest transfer window you can recall?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
You can grow an entire human in 9 months. Can't sign a striker though.

I like that statistic.

An Albion fan who went home after Wigan and "celebrated" promotion could have a baby now. The football club who started planning for Premier League football on the same day still don't have a striker.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
January is never THAT busy, is it?

From last year...

Man City - Gabriel Jesus [£27m]; Yangel Herrera [undisclosed]
Arsenal - Cohen Bramall [£40,000] - who?
Chelsea, Liverpool, Man Utd, Spurs - NONE

Drebin

Jul 25, 2011
Norway
I think it’s only fair to compare us to our relegation rivals, of whom only Huddersfield have made a significant signing (taking a player on big wages off a team who can’t afford them because they didn’t get promoted). Swansea, Newcastle, West Brom, Bournemouth and stoke seem to be in a similar situation to us. There aren’t many strikers to be had at the moment and as soon as someone scores a few their value goes through the roof and gives the agents all the power.

Clubs can’t take a gamble as spending an awful lot of money on a player doesn’t guarantee survival but it does guarantee a financial headache if you’re relegated. Bozza is right, apart from the biggest clubs every transfer window seems to get quieter and this is why.

Many of the transfers done early in the window have seen an unseemly amount of money being paid to agents. There’s a reason everyone has to wait until the end of the window to buy players and it’s more down to the agents demands than the club’s desire to buy.

The introduction of transfer windows hasn’t been a success in my opinion.

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
I can’t say on a public forum - just sit back, expect nothing & we won’t be disappointed. It will all wash out in the public forum by the end of the season
if true that is potential suicide to a season and makes getting into the PL a compete waste of time as we are/were not prepared to give it a real go...

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
I can’t say on a public forum - just sit back, expect nothing & we won’t be disappointed. It will all wash out in the public forum by the end of the season

If what you say is true, I'd wager that it won't come out before the ST renewals are due.

el punal

Away from our own slowly slowly catchy monkey approach, I can't think of much activity of note anywhere else.

Have I missed much, or is it all generally a bit slow, not least considering there are 10 or 11 sides who will be wanting to avoid relegation out of the Premier League.

Early days. Need to wait for Sky Sports' Jim White to don his gold tie to ginger things up a bit . . . oh, and Peter Odemwingie to turn up at some random club's car park.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Yes - Huddersfield’s early purchases have really put us to shame ... they are just one point ahead of us with an 8-goal inferior goal difference.

Agreed, the fact that a team that finished 5th in the Championship 12 points behind us on a 32 inferior GD over 46 games in a season can overtake us is incredible. It seems the proof that signing players early in the window is most certainly a benefit!

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
Agreed, the fact that a team that finished 5th in the Championship 12 points behind us on a 32 inferior GD over 46 games in a season can overtake us is incredible. It seems the proof that signing players early in the window is most certainly a benefit!

Is the season over ? Thank god for that . We’re safe ! And without signing a striker. A miracle !!

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Bozza will have to start a number of these threads to keep the click bait going as regrettably, as I said before Christmas, BHA are not in any meaningful talks with any meaningful players to join us in January. Regrettably the position as at last weekend is still the same.
How do you know ?
Very, very worrying.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here