Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Is this the quietest transfer window you can recall?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Away from our own slowly slowly catchy monkey approach, I can't think of much activity of note anywhere else.

Have I missed much, or is it all generally a bit slow, not least considering there are 10 or 11 sides who will be wanting to avoid relegation out of the Premier League.

Gully Forever

May 9, 2011
If you take the cheap sideshow of future star signings and women's football. Then it's the worst I can remember since moving to the amex.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
I like to think it is like a swan and there is a lot of activity going on down below. I fear there isn't.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Away from our own slowly slowly catchy monkey approach, I can't think of much activity of note anywhere else.

Have I missed much, or is it all generally a bit slow, not least considering there are 10 or 11 sides who will be wanting to avoid relegation out of the Premier League.

What's up Bozza, do we need another thread on the topic, are the sponsors not happy with the foot flow through NSC ?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
If you take the cheap sideshow of future star signings and women's football. Then it's the worst I can remember since moving to the amex.

I like to think it is like a swan and there is a lot of activity going on down below. I fear there isn't.

I don't mean us, I mean everyone else. Not a lot has happened has it?

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Easy to forget that clubs like Huddersfield somehow manage to get their business sorted out within the first few days of the window, kinda quickly quickly catchy first choice targets - the exact opposite to our approach (yeah, I know.......Pritchard!)

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex

are we still expecting to 'catchy monkey' or have we just given up?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think that for most clubs it is quieter than normal which I would put down to the silly prices paid by Liverpool for VVD and the price they have received for Coutinho as it has made all prices unrealistic. I read somewhere cant remember which club or player it was but Arsenal are after a player valued at £60m and have offered £25m plus Giroud.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Yes. Overall I'm sure that the total spend will be higher than ever before but if you take Coutinho, VVD etc out of it, it does seem quiet.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005

Owners think they will get mugged off in January because values are higher. Clubs buying are seen as desperate and therefore mugs to be taken for a ride. Therefore not surprising that there isn't much going on. I don't recall it being that busy last year either?

Suspect the last few days will see a bit of activity, but why would you sell earlier than that unless you have?

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003

Van dijk, Coutinho, Barkley, Coquelin and (soon) Walcott

That's more £$£ than this time last year, I reckon.

All about the last 24hr, annoyingly.

heathgate

NSC Patreon
Apr 13, 2015

Catchy what?...... can you even say that anymore....... [emoji41][emoji41]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
Easy to forget that clubs like Huddersfield somehow manage to get their business sorted out within the first few days of the window, kinda quickly quickly catchy first choice targets - the exact opposite to our approach (yeah, I know.......Pritchard!)

Yes - Huddersfield’s early purchases have really put us to shame ... they are just one point ahead of us with an 8-goal inferior goal difference.

Renegade

Nov 24, 2017
Is it just that it's all now happening on the last day because Sky Sports love all that excitment?
Can't remember such a fuss on the last day previously apart from the last year or two.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here